It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:31 pm

Rainmeter unloading itself

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Kashegan

Rainmeter unloading itself

Post by Kashegan »

Hi, For the last week or so, I find that Rainmeter unloads itself after the screensaver has ran. Everything is OK, I leave the PC and the screensaver runs and when the I return and the desktop screen has returned, rainmeter and associated gadgets, have unloaded. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no effect. Any suggestions, please?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter unloading itself

Post by eclectic-tech »

Kashegan wrote: August 17th, 2023, 12:37 pm Hi, For the last week or so, I find that Rainmeter unloads itself after the screensaver has ran. Everything is OK, I leave the PC and the screensaver runs and when the I return and the desktop screen has returned, rainmeter and associated gadgets, have unloaded. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no effect. Any suggestions, please?
There were recently some changes regarding onwake actions that the latest version of Rainmeter corrected.
Install latest version from here: https://www.rainmeter.net

If Rainmeter still unloads, most likely Rainmeter is crashing due to a skin that is not working properly.
Unload your skins one-at-a-time and let the screensaver activate.
If the problem is resolved, you found the problem skin. You can ask about the problem skin here for ideas.

I can't duplicate your problem, so this is about all I can suggest.
Kashegan

Post by Kashegan »

I have now unloaded ALL of the Modern Gadgets and the unloading issue seems to have cleared. Is there a known issue with these skins and do I need to find alternatives? Thanks
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Kashegan wrote: August 30th, 2023, 4:10 pm I have now unloaded ALL of the Modern Gadgets and the unloading issue seems to have cleared. Is there a known issue with these skins and do I need to find alternatives? Thanks
Well, now you should load each Modern Gadgets skin one-at-a-time and see if the issue happens; if it does then the last skin you loaded is the issue.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Kashegan wrote: August 30th, 2023, 4:10 pm I have now unloaded ALL of the Modern Gadgets and the unloading issue seems to have cleared. Is there a known issue with these skins and do I need to find alternatives? Thanks
You should have mentioned you were using this suite in your original post... yes, this behavior has been reported by a couple other users. These skins are no longer supported or maintained by the author. If you want a similar set of skins that do not have have this issue, try the original Gadgets suite. To change the theme to one that more closely matches the ModernGadgets appearance, after installing the skins, install the Modernizer patch.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...