It is currently December 4th, 2022, 12:24 pm

Small docs suggestions

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Small docs suggestions - Tuple

Post by jsmorley »

Jeff wrote: September 13th, 2022, 12:02 pm Just the small suggestion of adding the tuple return function to the Update section of the Lua Scripting page
  • return 99, 'Ninety-Nine'
    Provides 99 as the number value and 'Ninety-Nine' as the string value. Usage depends on a Measure's individual binding, the values can also be retrieved using Measure Section Variables (Example: Text="Num = [MeasureScript:] | Str = [MeasureScript]").
    (Note: Order of values doesn't mater.)
Here's the HTML code that should be put if you actually want to copy paste what I wrote word for word without changing anything

Code: Select all

<li><p><code>return 99, 'Ninety-Nine'</code><br>Provides <em>99</em> as the number value and <em>'Ninety-Nine'</em> as the string value. Usage depends on a Measure's individual binding, the values can also be retrieved using <a href="https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/variables/section-variables/#MeasureParameters">Measure Section Variables</a> (<b>Example:</b> <code>Text="Num = [MeasureScript:] | Str = [MeasureScript]"</code>).<br>(<b>Note:</b> Order of values doesn't mater.</p></li>
Done... Thanks!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

jsmorley wrote: September 19th, 2022, 10:52 pm Done... Thanks!
Nice, only problem is that I forgot a singular ")" at the end of the Note in the HTML code, good thing you added SilverAzide's fix though
SilverAzide wrote: September 13th, 2022, 2:17 pm (Note: Order of values doesn't matter.)
;-)
Whoops, thanks for that
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Jeff wrote: September 20th, 2022, 3:17 pm Nice, only problem is that I forgot a singular ")" at the end of the Note in the HTML code, good thing you added SilverAzide's fix though

Whoops, thanks for that
Fixed...
Jeff

Small docs suggestions - .rmskin Header Image Bit-Depth

Post by Jeff »

Based on this thread, the Skin Installer only accepts 32bit depth .bmps and not 24bit depth ones, should the detail be added in the docs as an addendum to the already requiered size?
Line that needs to modified is this one: https://github.com/rainmeter/rainmeter-docs/blob/47349bde1d4ab26e59d236568651db08ad1b1f5e/source/manual/distributing-skins/index.html#L93
I would suggest The image must be a bitmap image (.bmp) that is exactly 400x60 pixels in size and has 32bit depth color., but I'm not sure how sound it is.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Small docs suggestions - .rmskin Header Image Bit-Depth

Post by SilverAzide »

Jeff wrote: November 25th, 2022, 3:28 pm Based on this thread, the Skin Installer only accepts 32bit depth .bmps and not 24bit depth ones, should the detail be added in the docs as an addendum to the already requiered size?
Line that needs to modified is this one: https://github.com/rainmeter/rainmeter-docs/blob/47349bde1d4ab26e59d236568651db08ad1b1f5e/source/manual/distributing-skins/index.html#L93
I would suggest The image must be a bitmap image (.bmp) that is exactly 400x60 pixels in size and has 32bit depth color., but I'm not sure how sound it is.
Better let that thread play out before someone starts changing the manual...
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Brian
Developer

Re: Small docs suggestions

Post by Brian »

SilverAzide wrote: November 25th, 2022, 4:56 pm Better let that thread play out before someone starts changing the manual...
Right. 24-bit bitmap images are fine...ImageMagick must be doing something non-standard.

-Brian