It is currently May 11th, 2024, 3:23 am

Temperatures monitoring skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
shad82

Temperatures monitoring skins

Post by shad82 »

Hi,

I know that many have something similar working, but it's not working for me. I tried more than one skin that monitors temperatures, but each has it's own downside.

One of the first ones I tried was RainformerHWi, a brilliant skin, displays many monitors and panels, but it uses HWiNFO64 which requires a reactivation of memory share every 12 hours.

So I started looking for alternatives. I found a couple that show CPU and GPU temperatures; they use Open Hardware Monitor and both use a plugin called "OpenHardwareMonitorPlugin.dll". Comments report that they work just fine. I followed instructions and tried to make them work to no avail. It got me thinking that maybe the problem was that I am using Windows 11 and maybe the plugin was written for Windows 10? Any ideas?

I'm new to rainmeter, so sorry if any annoyance was caused.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Temperatures monitoring skins

Post by SilverAzide »

shad82 wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 11:21 am Hi,

I know that many have something similar working, but it's not working for me. I tried more than one skin that monitors temperatures, but each has it's own downside.

One of the first ones I tried was RainformerHWi, a brilliant skin, displays many monitors and panels, but it uses HWiNFO64 which requires a reactivation of memory share every 12 hours.

So I started looking for alternatives. I found a couple that show CPU and GPU temperatures; they use Open Hardware Monitor and both use a plugin called "OpenHardwareMonitorPlugin.dll". Comments report that they work just fine. I followed instructions and tried to make them work to no avail. It got me thinking that maybe the problem was that I am using Windows 11 and maybe the plugin was written for Windows 10? Any ideas?

I'm new to rainmeter, so sorry if any annoyance was caused.
Many authors with HWiNFO-driven skins have not retrofitted their skins to use the new interface that does not require shared memory. Some have, so you'll need to search those out.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but have you tried the Gadgets? If it is too retro looking for your taste, then you can "modernize" it with this. This suite does not use HWiNFO shared memory (docs here).
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
shad82

Re: Temperatures monitoring skins

Post by shad82 »

I'll look into this. Thank you, very much appreciated.