Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

YouTube Player

Post by eclectic-tech »

ytprev5.jpg
YouTube Player

Scalable, YouTube video player with Volume Control
All YouTube option work inside the viewer window (Play, Pause, Fullscreen, etc.)
Control menu expand/collapse when mouse is over lower edge of video
Fullscreen Video Window (Scalable)
ytprev0.jpg

Control Menu Items
  • YouTube Home
  • Volume: Scroll to change volume, middle click to toggle mute
  • Show/Hide link input area
  • Scale: decrease/increase/reset
ytprev1.jpg
To move skin position, move mouse to top/bottom edge of skin and when menu appears, left click and drag to new position.

Right click Context Menu
  • YouTube Home
  • Toggle Prev/Curr Edited Link
  • Color Themes
  • Set skin positioning
  • Edit Variables
  • Refresh Viewer
  • Rainmeter's skin menu access
ytprev3.jpg
SELECTING MORE VIDEOS
'Copy video URl' from right click on any video
OR
Pause the current video. Search through 'More videos' then right-click video thumbnail image and 'Copy link'.
ytprev4.jpg
Then left click 'Toggle Link Edit', click the address box that appears to highlight, and paste (press 'CTRL+V').
Press 'Enter' to set and refresh the video.
ytprev2.jpg
If for any reason the new link does not work, you can open the Context Menu and select 'Toggle Prev/Curr Edited Link' to show the previous link.

May Requires:
Edge Webview2 Runtime Microsoft Edge WebView2 | Microsoft Edge Developer
Details:  PluginWebView - Make skin using web technology (rainmeter.net)
Rainmeter 4.5 Rainmeter, desktop customization tool

Plugin Documentation: https://github.com/khanhas/PluginWebView
Plugin by Khanhas Included in Package
You may need to install Webview2 Runtime (from link above)

Credit: Webview plugin by Khanhas

Download latest version from my DA page: YouTube Player
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sl23

Re: YouTube Player

Post by sl23 »

Great skin! :great:
Small usability suggestion:
Would it be possible to simply left or right click to paste and enter? Maybe double click to prevent accidentally changing the video.
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

sl23 wrote: August 17th, 2024, 7:50 am Great skin! :great:
Small usability suggestion:
Would it be possible to simply left or right click to paste and enter? Maybe double click to prevent accidentally changing the video.
Not really possible for several reasons.

Rainmeter skins cannot paste from the clipboard; perhaps this can be done with Lua, or Send key in a script, but that is a bit overkill for a simple key press IMO.

This skin uses the 'watch' link and converts it to the 'embed' format. The 'watch' link is different from the actual video's 'page' link.
That is why I mentioned to use the 'Copy link' from the right click menu of the video thumbnail.
If you left click the thumbnail image, the entire video page opens in a browser window. That is also why the 'Copy video URL' or 'Copy embed code' from the playing video's right click menu are not viable links.

I don't see where you can inadvertently click to change the video. The Rainmeter skin actions are completely separate from the Webview video controls. The 2 items have no knowledge about the other and they do not interact.

But feel free to modify it to your preferences. :)
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Oh ok, I didn't look into it, just wondered if it could be done. :thumbup:
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
Aryx

Post by Aryx »

First off, I’m absolutely loving the skin—thank you for creating such a wonderful skin! I’m excited to explore more with WebView. :bow:

I have a small suggestion: Adding simple buttons for actions like "Move to Top" and "Move to Desktop" would enhance the functionality. For example:

Move to Top /\
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ZPos 2]

Move to Desktop \/
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ZPos -2]

Also, I have a quick question related to YouTube videos (I know that its not your skin's fault). I’m encountering a message saying:
Video unavailable
Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner
Watch on YouTube
Is there a way to make the video appear as though it’s being accessed directly from YouTube rather than as an embedded link?

Thanks again for all your hard work. By the way, I was experimenting with something similar in PiP mode earlier today and was aiming for auto-scaling/pre-scaling like yours :p. Your skin saved me quite a bit of time!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Aryx wrote: August 18th, 2024, 8:49 am First off, I’m absolutely loving the skin—thank you for creating such a wonderful skin! I’m excited to explore more with WebView. :bow:

I have a small suggestion: Adding simple buttons for actions like "Move to Top" and "Move to Desktop" would enhance the functionality. For example:

Move to Top /\
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ZPos 2]

Move to Desktop \/
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ZPos -2]

Also, I have a quick question related to YouTube videos (I know that its not your skin's fault). I’m encountering a message saying:

Is there a way to make the video appear as though it’s being accessed directly from YouTube rather than as an embedded link?

Thanks again for all your hard work. By the way, I was experimenting with something similar in PiP mode earlier today and was aiming for auto-scaling/pre-scaling like yours :p. Your skin saved me quite a bit of time!
Thanks for the suggestions. Those actions can be done from the right click 'Settings/Position' menu. I don't believe in forcing screen positions on users and prefer to leave those settings to them, but I will look at possibly adding buttons to simplify the process.

Yes, some videos are not available, they can only be viewed on a YouTube page. You can copy the video URL and paste it in the player skin, but the entire page will be displayed with scroll bars and additional items (not the desired effect).

I will update the package if I add positioning (Topmost/Desktop) to the skin.

Thanks again! :thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated to V 1.2024.08.18
ytContext.jpg
Changes:
  • Added Prev/Current Video toggle to the right click context menu
    This will let you go back to last video if the selected video is not available
  • Added skin position option to the right click context menu:
    - TopMost
    - Normal
    - On Desktop
Thank to member Aryx for the position suggestion. :thumbup:

Updated the DA package link in first post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aryx

Post by Aryx »

Wow! I never thought of using Previous and Next - great job implementing that, @Eclectic-Tech! And thanks for taking my suggestion on board and making it happen so quickly! :bow:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated V1.2025.08.20

Controls now hide while playing videos

- Removed Title
+ Added volume label with controls
+ Link displays only when editing
+ Added Scale label

Expanded description and updated DA link in first post.