It is currently September 8th, 2024, 4:42 am

SegoeFluentIcons SKIN not working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
sl23

SegoeFluentIcons SKIN not working

Post by sl23 »

This is about my SegoeFluentIcons skin and NOT the font.

Not used this for some time and had deleted it. After restoring my backup and trying the download I shared on the forum, it's still not working. Could someone please check and see what's wrong.

The problem I am having is that when clicking a category on the left, it no longer changes to that skin. I have the files in the correct place, but for some reason it refuses to work. I did set it up a short while ago and got it working, but deleted that after backing up, but again it's stopped working, can't figure it out!!! :?

I also tried adjusting the Left click action to see if the path was correct by using a variable, but it showed the path correctly but trying to open a file called "Variables.ini" which I presume is a reference to the "#CURRENTSECTION#.ini" being named "Variables.ini?

Here's a sample from the "Apps.ini" skin, doesn't include all the icons and names, which is unnecessary for this:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
MouseActionCursor=0
OnRefreshAction=[!SetOption #Title# MeterStyle "sAllText | sContents"][!SetOption #Title# FontColor "#Color4#"] [!UpdateMeter #Title#][!Redraw]
@include=#@#SegoeFluentIcons\Meters.inc

[Variables]
Color1=255,255,255,200
Color2=128,255,0
Color3=255,255,0
Color4=235,170,0
Color5=255,255,255,100
Color6=120,150,250

Title=Apps
Preview=
PageBkIcon=[\xE760]
PageFwdIcon=[\xE761]
The problem last time was in this skin and was to do with #CURRENTSECTION# being wrong somewhere, I think, can't recall what I did now!

Code: Select all

[Variables]
lc=[!ActivateConfig "#CURRENTPATH#" "#CURRENTSECTION#.ini"]
========================================
; STYLES
[sAllIcons]
FontFace=Segoe Fluent Icons
FontSize=14
FontColor=#Color1#
AntiAlias=1
Text=[##CURRENTSECTION#]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!EnableMouseAction * "MouseOverAction|MouseLeaveAction"] [!SetVariable Preview [##CURRENTSECTION#]] [!SetOptionGroup Preview FontColor "#Color1#"] [!UpdateMeterGroup Preview] [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "#Color4#"] [!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#] [!Redraw] [!DisableMouseAction #CurrentSection# "MouseOverAction|MouseLeaveAction"][!CommandMeasure Clipboard "SetClip('#CURRENTSECTION#')"][Play #@#Sounds\Ding.wav]
UpdateDivider=-1
DynamicVariables=1
X=185
Y=5R
; [*[#[#CURRENTSECTION]]*]

[sHighlightList]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "#Color2#"] [!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#] [!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "#Color1#"] [!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#] [!Redraw]

[sAllText]
FontFace=Trebuchet MS
FontSize=9
FontColor=#Color1#
AntiAlias=1
Text=[##CURRENTSECTION#]
UpdateDivider=-1
X=15R
Y=3r

[sTitle]
StringStyle=Bold
FontSize=12
FontColor=#Color3#
Text=#CURRENTSECTION#
UpdateDivider=-1

[sContents]
FontSize=10
Text=#CURRENTSECTION#
;LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "#CURRENTPATH#" "#CURRENTSECTION#.ini"]
LeftMouseUpAction=#lc#
RightMouseUpAction=["#CURRENTPATH##CURRENTSECTION#.ini"]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
X=r
Y=2R

[sPreview]
StringAlign=CenterCenter
FontFace=Segoe Fluent Icons
FontColor=#Color1#
Text=#Preview#
AntiAlias=1
Group=Preview
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
X=20R
Y=r

[sLink]
FontColor=#Color6#
FontSize=9
Text=#CURRENTSECTION#
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "#Color4#"] [!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#] [!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "#Color6#"] [!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#] [!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
X=r
Y=2R

[sHighlight]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "#Color2#"] [!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#] [!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor ""] [!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#] [!Redraw]

[Clipboard]
Measure=Script
ScriptFile=#@#SegoeFluentIcons\CopyIcon.lua

; Background
[Background]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,400,520,20 | Fill Color 0,0,0,200 | StrokeWidth 2 | Stroke Color #Color5#
Shape2=Rectangle 12,25,378,2,2 | Fill Color #Color5#
Shape3=Rectangle 12,50,150,2,2 | Fill Color #Color5#
Shape4=Rectangle 170,30,2,480,2 | Fill Color #Color5#
Shape5=Rectangle 180,50,210,2,2 | Fill Color #Color5#
Shape6=Rectangle 12,345,150,2,2 | Fill Color #Color5#
Shape7=Rectangle 12,450,150,2,2 | Fill Color #Color5#
X=1
Y=1

; Titles
[Segoe Fluent Icons]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=sAllText | sTitle
FontSize=14
X=120
Y=3

[Contents]
Meter=String
X=15
Y=5R

[Title]
Meter=String
Text=#Title#
X=185
Y=r

[Links]
Meter=String
X=15
Y=325

[Preview]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=431

; Contents - Left
[Apps]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=sAllText | sContents | sHighlight
X=15
Y=55
The #lc# Variable was a temporary thing to see if I was getting the correct path in the About window. That command should be on the [sContents] section LeftMouseUpAction.

The Log Error is saying !ActivateConfig: Invalid Parameters. Really strange considering this used to work well!
Last edited by sl23 on June 30th, 2024, 10:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
sl23

Re: SegoeFluentIcons SKIN not working

Post by sl23 »

I found the problem, but I don't understand why it is happening and how to resolve it.

When I originally designed the set of skins, I had them in the root skin folder, ie, #SKINSPATH#SegoeFluentIcons\.
But when I reinstalled it, I put it into #SKINSPATH#RM\SegoeFluentIcons\. Why would that matter when I am using the built in variables to set the path and config file: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "#CURRENTPATH#" "#CURRENTSECTION#.ini"]
. This just doesn't work and even gives that error mentioned above.

Strangely, this works without issue: RightMouseUpAction=["#CURRENTPATH##CURRENTSECTION#.ini"]. :?

Another strange issue, is that the skins contain @include=#@#Meters.inc but the Meters.inc is in fact in #@#SegoeFluentIcons\Meters.inc. When I change the skins to @include=#@#SegoeFluentIcons\Meters.inc, they don't load as Rainmeter says they don't have any meters! Wtf is going on with this setup? Arghhh!!! :rofl:
Last edited by sl23 on June 29th, 2024, 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Segoe Fluent Icons not working

Post by SilverAzide »

sl23 wrote: June 29th, 2024, 9:35 pm I found the problem, but I don't understand why it is happening and how to resolve it.

When I originally designed the set of skins, I had them in the root skin folder, ie, #SKINSPATH#SegoeFluentIcons\.
But when I reinstalled it, I put it into #SKINSPATH#RM\SegoeFluentIcons\. Why would that matter when I am using the built in variables to set the path and config file: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "#CURRENTPATH#" "#CURRENTSECTION#.ini"]
. This just doesn't work and even gives that error mentioned above.

Strangely, this works without issue: RightMouseUpAction=["#CURRENTPATH##CURRENTSECTION#.ini"]. :?
You are much better off putting fonts in the standard location, which is #@#Fonts. Rainmeter sees these without you needing to do anything.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Thanks, but it already is :thumbup:

EDIT: Sorry, just reread the title! And made it clearer what the issue is with! :Whistle :oops:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

This explains everything, if you "connect the dots":
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/#Config
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Sorry, I just don't see it! :oops:

What I see is that when you use: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "#CURRENTPATH#" "#CURRENTSECTION#.ini"]
You are specifying on left click, to activate the skin called #CURRENTSECTION#.ini in the #CURRENTPATH#, ie, current folder.
All these skins are in the same folder, and the #CURRENTPATH# variable means the location of the currently loaded file, wherever that may be. Yes?
The #CURRENTSECTION#.ini means to load the skin named after the section you click on, which together with the #CURRENTPATH# means to locate the skin named after the current section in the same folder and load it.

Which is why this works: RightMouseUpAction=["#CURRENTPATH##CURRENTSECTION#.ini"]

So moving the folder SegoeFluentIcons into my main suite, just called RM, should mean these variables still do the same job. Unless this is another one of those nested or escaping variables things? I just don't get why they are needed at all. I've tried to read about them, but I just don't get their purpose and so when to use them.

Unless it's simple as the Config means Parent/Child and #CURRENTPATH# is specifying a full path? But I don't see why that shouldn't work?

Do I need to use: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "#ROOTCONFIGPATH##ROOTCONFIG#" "#CURRENTSECTION#.ini"] instead?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: June 30th, 2024, 11:16 am Unless it's simple as the Config means Parent/Child and #CURRENTPATH# is specifying a full path?
Not quite, but finally, you're starting to get it... :thumbup:
sl23 wrote: June 30th, 2024, 11:16 am Do I need to use: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "#ROOTCONFIGPATH##ROOTCONFIG#" "#CURRENTSECTION#.ini"] instead?
Close, but not there yet. More like "#CURRENTCONFIG#" "#CURRENTSECTION#.ini".

Reference: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/variables/built-in-variables/#SkinVariables

In short, the name of a config is only a part of the path to it.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

It was next on the list!!! :D :thumbup:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Woohoo! Thanks, yet again, for your assistance :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: June 30th, 2024, 12:03 pm Woohoo! Thanks, yet again, for your assistance :thumbup:
You're welcome, glad to help! :great: