It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:46 pm

looking for hw monitoring skins

General topics related to Rainmeter.
thatiam

looking for hw monitoring skins

Post by thatiam »

Hello, i found some cool skins which work with hwinfo, but sadly they are from 2020 and older and not every value works, especally no temps. I want a skin to mointor everything from ram temp to the watt usage of my gpu and of course infos like thread/kernal usage, ram and gpu usage,.... Are there newer skins? Or would you recommend manualy editing the skins values so i see all infos correct? Last one would probably be a bit harder, any help where i have a manual how all these values go from hwinfo to the skins, how i need to adjust the values and how i find the correct values.
I am new to rainmeter, but have good knowledge about software, but not coding. Any help and tips are welcome.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: looking for hw monitoring skins

Post by Yincognito »

thatiam wrote: March 26th, 2024, 8:19 am Hello, i found some cool skins which work with hwinfo, but sadly they are from 2020 and older and not every value works, especally no temps. I want a skin to mointor everything from ram temp to the watt usage of my gpu and of course infos like thread/kernal usage, ram and gpu usage,.... Are there newer skins? Or would you recommend manualy editing the skins values so i see all infos correct? Last one would probably be a bit harder, any help where i have a manual how all these values go from hwinfo to the skins, how i need to adjust the values and how i find the correct values.
I am new to rainmeter, but have good knowledge about software, but not coding. Any help and tips are welcome.
Nowadays, this is how the HWiNFO values are interrogated:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/hwinfo/
which means that the "old" plugin way of doing it has become a bit obsolete.

As for skins using it, there are plenty I'd say, but if you want some starting points (even if they might not be precisely what you need, since you seem to want everything to happen in a single and relatively simple skin, they're still excellent as examples on how to approach this), you could take a look at...

SilverAzide's Gadgets suite (highlight: nice accuracy):
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=20699
RicardoTM's Gauges suite (highlight: nice tutorial):
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=41770

Both provide new versions, and they have many other nice features besides what I mentioned as highlights. Personally, I don't use HWiNFO, but if you need a skin precisely as you want it to be, then probably building it yourself would be suited. You might be a bit confused when you get to the CPU usage side, as there are various ways to compute that, but otherwise it shouldn't be too hard, if we talk about basics. The rest, the bells and whistles, the visuals, other effects, can be added step by step, once you find out how to do this and that in Rainmeter (which is what this forum is about, after all).
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth