It is currently February 23rd, 2024, 4:44 am

[BUG] Rainmeter STALL (crash)

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Gradius

[BUG] Rainmeter STALL (crash)

Post by Gradius »

Version: Rainmeter 4.5.18.3727 (64-bit)

I use win11 x64 fully updated (including drivers).

On last version, Rainmeter stall after this step (proved more than once, always stall/crash):

Start your PC with NO Internet connection, keed the LAN cable connected though.

I use Proxmox (VM) and have pfSense on it (on a dedicated server [Xeon]), so it takes like 90 secs (or less) to be fully up (online).

My PC has a 14700K with m2 on it so it starts (fully boot) under win11 in seconds.

IF I start my PC (win11) BEFORE Proxmox is fully ready, Rainmeter tries to update the new IP by looking/searching for it. Once the Internet comes UP, Rainmeter just STALL.

I need to force end task it, and run rainmeter again, in order to get it working.

Please, check it out.

Thanks.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [BUG] Rainmeter STALL (crash)

Post by Yincognito »

Gradius wrote: January 20th, 2024, 7:52 pmIF I start my PC (win11) BEFORE Proxmox is fully ready, Rainmeter tries to update the new IP by looking/searching for it. Once the Internet comes UP, Rainmeter just STALL.

I need to force end task it, and run rainmeter again, in order to get it working.
So, it basically hangs and its process needs to be terminated from Task Manager. Just curious, does this happen if you have no skins loaded whatsoever (i.e. only the executable running)?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth