It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:19 pm

Back up All Settings for migration to new OS ?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Slide_Lock

Back up All Settings for migration to new OS ?

Post by Slide_Lock »

Hi,
I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if it is possible to back up my rainmeter setup so that I can upgrade my OS from its current state using a clean install, so that the layout is exactly the same and all skin elements are set up exactly the same?

I spent quite a bit of time getting my rainmeter set up dialed in just the way I like it, and would hate to have to go through all of that set up process again.

Thanks!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Back up All Settings for migration to new OS ?

Post by Yincognito »

Slide_Lock wrote: September 1st, 2023, 4:09 am Hi,
I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if it is possible to back up my rainmeter setup so that I can upgrade my OS from its current state using a clean install, so that the layout is exactly the same and all skin elements are set up exactly the same?

I spent quite a bit of time getting my rainmeter set up dialed in just the way I like it, and would hate to have to go through all of that set up process again.

Thanks!
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=42721#p217120
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Slide_Lock

Post by Slide_Lock »

Thank you so much @Yincognito ,
Sorry for not searching for that post, that was obviously there before i posted my thread/question. I followed your two folder suggestion and feel good about it.

Thanks again!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Slide_Lock wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 6:12 pm Thank you so much @Yincognito ,
Sorry for not searching for that post, that was obviously there before i posted my thread/question. I followed your two folder suggestion and feel good about it.

Thanks again!
No problem, nobody can know it all, so the info can always come up from various sources. Good luck with your backup and restore process! ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth