It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:49 pm

control actions in skin 2 from skin 1

General topics related to Rainmeter.
LuciferVisuals

Re: control actions in skin 2 from skin 1

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: May 30th, 2023, 6:42 pm I can't really realize what "can't read" does mean,
Yep, but you should have read all my sentence:

So what I wanted to tell is that based on your previous replies posted in different topics, doesn't seem you don't understand what has been written.
[/quote]

We are drifting off subject into my medical condition, but it would be rude not to reply. I did read the entire post and the entire sentence, But missed the close quote. So just sent a second message, showing enough so you would know what part of your post was missing.

It is difficulty to explain. even teachers have trouble understanding it, and when I was at school they had not even identified it as a problem it was usually mistaken for lack of intelligence, whereas many people with dyslexia can have an exceptionally an high IQ. I had a quick look on google, this was the first. one the search engine bought up. As it was not "discovered" until, after I left school, I didn't not get any help at all..... That's life. But if you do want to understand it, here is a link that explains it. The way I would describe it is if I look at a crystal clear pool, with one fish in it, I can see the fish, two of three fish I can still see them but its harder, go to a shop and look at a tank full, and it water full of colored unidentifiable dots. I can see up to three of four words without difficulty, a page full looks like a fractal pattern.

https://www.weareteachers.com/things-about-dyslexia-every-teacher-needs/

Anyway I cannot do anything about it, but have a had a lifetime to develop coping mechanisms, and they are very good.

Beethoven was so deaf in later life that he could not hear someone speak and communicated by exchanging written notes, yet that is the period when he wrote some of his greatest musical works. Hard to understand how isn't it?

Back to Rainmeter.

1) How can I find my old post no longer shown in the Bell notification, or have they been deleted?

2) Below is a file for the Milky Way gate,If you look at it in Notepad+ there is a section that is all green, that is the rotator that will not reverse. (Immediately above it is the one I wrote that does work, but it is slightly less smooth)

Everything else works perfectly, that's the only part you need to look at if you are willing.

Keith

PS Took me 2 hours to write this, I'm not complaining it just illustrates the additional effort I have to put in to getting the words on paper )or on screen).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: May 30th, 2023, 6:42 pm doesn't seem you don't understand what has been written.
BTW Understanding and reading are totally different things.

But if I have not offended you, and I certainly did not intend to, I have posted those two skins here.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=42464

So you can see what the code I asked you about was supposed to do

Keith
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 1st, 2023, 1:34 pm But if I have not offended you, and I certainly did not intend to,
You didn't at all, don't worry.
LuciferVisuals wrote: June 1st, 2023, 1:34 pm I have posted those two skins here.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=42464

So you can see what the code I asked you about was supposed to do
There are three packages, from which two (SGC Stargate_1.rmskin and Atlantis Gate_1.rmskin) are practically identical. Anyway, do you have any further question, related to them?
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: June 1st, 2023, 4:10 pm You didn't at all, don't worry.

There are three packages, from which two (SGC Stargate_1.rmskin and Atlantis Gate_1.rmskin) are practically identical. Anyway, do you have any further question, related to them?
I'm glad I would be mortified if I did.

Yes three (The large skin) is the special effects, the whoosh, the worm hole and the close worm hole, you don't need any of them relating to the problem (but they are worth watching once.... I promise you), but the skin will throw error messages without them, but it should work o.k.

As you say both the other skins are very similar especially (on first glance), I did Atlantis first then revised the code for the milky way gate, the better rotator (that wont reverse direction is in the Milky Way gate skin).

IF YOU USE NOTEPAD PLUS you cannot miss it because it's all highlighted in green because its remarked out.

As I could not get it to work I reused (and revised) the one from the Atlantis gate which does work o.k. but is not as smooth. So it's not essential, to fix this, so do not waste too much time on it, because I do have a solution even if not as good, but it is really bugging me why I cant make it reverse.

That said, It is probably something really simple and basic that I have overlooked, but it rotates the same direction whether the RotationAngle is + or - I spent a couple of days trying to reverse it and gave up in the end. (still only been doing this for a short while, eight weeks today since I wrote my first ever code)

Thanks for taking a look

Keith

PS, is there any way I can find my older post or have they been deleted? It may be obvious, but I would not keep asking if I could work it out, If they are gone fair enough.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: June 1st, 2023, 4:10 pm You didn't at all, don't worry.

Anyway, do you have any further question, related to them?
Sorry I forgot to answer this question, I missed it.

Basically no other questions atm.

EXCEPT I have just wondered if Rainmeter can also play MP3 Files? Yes or No will do, If it can I'll work it out, they are smaller, and I have worked out how to use Audacity, so I can compress the wave files into MP3 files.

TBH I did not realize how big wave files were till I made the skins this morning.

Keith
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: June 1st, 2023, 4:10 pm .
I FOUND ALL MY OLD POST, ....... Totally obvious once I did it, I found the search bar (top Right), to look for my post about my two stargates, (see if anyone downloaded them) but it also found a couple of my old post, so I just searched again for stargate and found all of them.

Awesome, I'm going to go back thru them all from the first the first and download every single old code example I have been given, then test them on their own when happy I'll add them to the cut and paste code library I'm building for my future projects.

Keith

No need to reply to this.......

But would still like to know about the rotator if you can see the problem (not urgent, tho)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 1st, 2023, 6:39 pm I'm glad I would be mortified if I did.

Yes three (The large skin) is the special effects, the whoosh, the worm hole and the close worm hole, you don't need any of them relating to the problem (but they are worth watching once.... I promise you), but the skin will throw error messages without them, but it should work o.k.

As you say both the other skins are very similar especially (on first glance), I did Atlantis first then revised the code for the milky way gate, the better rotator (that wont reverse direction is in the Milky Way gate skin).

IF YOU USE NOTEPAD PLUS you cannot miss it because it's all highlighted in green because its remarked out.

As I could not get it to work I reused (and revised) the one from the Atlantis gate which does work o.k. but is not as smooth. So it's not essential, to fix this, so do not waste too much time on it, because I do have a solution even if not as good, but it is really bugging me why I cant make it reverse.

That said, It is probably something really simple and basic that I have overlooked, but it rotates the same direction whether the RotationAngle is + or - I spent a couple of days trying to reverse it and gave up in the end. (still only been doing this for a short while, eight weeks today since I wrote my first ever code)
I'm sorry, I can't get the whole package working well. I try in vain to do this, it simply refuses. I get continuously all kind of missing images error messages in log. You should have to pack the whole config into one single package, upload that one to a file host site and post the link here. Seems to be very important to get the whole package "by one".
LuciferVisuals wrote: June 1st, 2023, 6:39 pm PS, is there any way I can find my older post or have they been deleted? It may be obvious, but I would not keep asking if I could work it out, If they are gone fair enough.
Click your username (anywhere your name is present, for instance into one of your previous posts). In your page, click "Search user’s posts", in the lower right side of the page. You get a list of all your previous posts, ordered by posting time.
LuciferVisuals wrote: June 1st, 2023, 6:53 pm Basically no other questions atm.

EXCEPT I have just wondered if Rainmeter can also play MP3 Files? Yes or No will do, If it can I'll work it out, they are smaller, and I have worked out how to use Audacity, so I can compress the wave files into MP3 files.
No, Rainmeter can't play mp3 or any other kind of media files, excepting .wav.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 5:35 pm I'm sorry, I can't get the whole package working well. I try in vain to do this, it simply refuses. I get continuously all kind of missing images error messages in log. You should have to pack the whole config into one single package, upload that one to a file host site and post the link here. Seems to be very important to get the whole package "by one".

Click your username (anywhere your name is present, for instance into one of your previous posts). In your page, click "Search user’s posts", in the lower right side of the page. You get a list of all your previous posts, ordered by posting time.

No, Rainmeter can't play mp3 or any other kind of media files, excepting .wav.
Thanks for the Mp3 info, saves me trying and I'll stop work on compressing them, or exporting them as mp3.

Ill play with the user name to find old files.

I can only assume they problems you encountered that means I messed up making the skins, somehow, Ill look at that tonight.

Did everything else work is of it totally messed up?

Basically I copied everything from my main directory (which is massive) into two new smaller ones, removed any duplicate images, or experimental work, and removed everything not related to the skin I intended making.....I THEN TESTED IT and it worked perfectly, so I then I made the skins....... Unless I am missing something I thought that should work???

I'll do some work on that first and this time test it again by delete the small directory and install my skin on my own PC before re-post the skins, (other users who have downloaded them will not be impressed if they don't work). ATM I have no Idea why they don't, they should have worked, without errors or warnings (well they would need the special effects) I obviously did something wrong.

Ill do that first, as others have downloaded them, THEN I will the make one for you, I have started on the Destiny gate, so I will use that with the rorator that wont reverse and Ill make make sure it unpacks w/o errors.

Sorry, the skin making part is still new to me, I have done a few and I thought I had that sorted..... Obviously not. I apologize.

I will be in touch soon.

Keith AKA Lucifer
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:56 pm Obviously not. I apologize.
Don't apologize, no need for it. Create a package (doesn't matter if that's a .rmskin or a .zip, or finally any other compresed file format) containing all needed resources. If it's too big, just upload it to any file host service (for instance FileFactory.com, but you can use any other you like more) and post the link you get.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:03 pm Don't apologize, no need for it. Create a package (doesn't matter if that's a .rmskin or a .zip, or finally any other compresed file format) containing all needed resources. If it's too big, just upload it to any file host service (for instance FileFactory.com, but you can use any other you like more) and post the link you get.
In future I'm considering DeviantArt, that was just suggested to me, I have an account but hardly used it and never thought of posting on it, but I guess my stuff like these are getting to the point where they are good enough, at least visually to put on there.

BUT WONT NEED IT FOR THIS...... Because it wont need to be big, I'll just create a very simple skin for you, one with just that rotator and an image and a couple of buttons, that wont take me long (once I know how I'm quite quick), and this will also eliminate everything else as a potential problem or conflict.

I'll do that tomorrow now, because I have just spent a fair bit of time remaking and testing the skins. They are def o.k. now, but I notice the file size of one was different so something went wrong with the first batch.

No need for you to look at them again (unless you want to see it work), ill make a simple one, which will be easier for you to work out whats wrong.

To me my coding looks like it "might" be complex (not advanced, just complex), I can understand it o.k. (but then I wrote it), but I expect it might be difficult for others to follow.

So while I know you could work it all out, a simple skin just focused on the problem has to be easier for you to find the problem.

Thanks for taking the time.

Keith aka Lucifer