It is currently April 25th, 2024, 10:20 am

Stargates Anyone

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
LuciferVisuals

Stargates Anyone

Post by LuciferVisuals »

If Heineken made Stargates I would like to think they would look like these

They are actually part of a much bigger suite I'm working on, but packaged these to work stand alone.

Unfortunately even then they both went over the 10 meg limit so I had to remove the special effects, and have supplied them in a third skin.

Both gates will want to use them, (same for both obviously) If you move them into the same folder, you will only need to install one set of FX.

Keith
AKA Lucifer

10 megs goes nowhere nowadays...... Bl**dy Inflation

Any feedback very welcome.

If it's about the coding, suggestions for improvement more than welcome but please supply an example of what you mean, I'm Dyslextic so I can only read a few words at a time (I Know, so I could not write these) and Beethoven was deaf so obviously he couldn't compose music either. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LuciferVisuals

Re: Stargates Anyone

Post by LuciferVisuals »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 1st, 2023, 1:08 pm
Follow up, I have just been told that there might be a problem with the skins, I may have messed up when removing them from their original "massive directory" and putting them in smaller ones, to skin for you. Ill do it again tonight and unpack them (install them again here) to make sure they work.

Sorry a beginners mistake, I only got my first PC 6 months ago, and wrote my first line of code two months ago,So I'm still making beginners mistakes, They do however work perfectly on mine, they are not just prototypes,.

So if you have been disappointing I am sorry, and Ill fix the problem, and test it before I put them up again.

Keith

Aka Lucifer
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:41 pm Follow up, I have just been told that there might be a problem with the skins, I may have messed up when removing them from their original "massive directory" and putting them in smaller ones, to skin for you. Ill do it again tonight and unpack them (install them again here) to make sure they work.

Sorry a beginners mistake, I only got my first PC 6 months ago, and wrote my first line of code two months ago,So I'm still making beginners mistakes, They do however work perfectly on mine, they are not just prototypes,.

So if you have been disappointing I am sorry, and Ill fix the problem, and test it before I put them up again.

Keith

Aka Lucifer
Just a thought for extra-large packages...
You could offer them from your Google Drive, M$ One Drive, or a DevinatArt site locations, which avoids the 10-megabit limit of the forum.

Save them there and post a link in the forum.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:48 pm
Thanks for the tip, I don't have the first two yet (I'm still that new to this :lol: ) I have opened a Deviant Art account, but it was only to have a look to see what others had done, (where I found your TM), but have only been there a couple of times..... But I was thinking about looking into that, so it appears the way to go in future, didn't know they didn't have the size limit, that def makes it worth the effort of finding out how to do it.

I have about a dozen modules, all in various stages of completion, and felt I was going in round circles, so I decided.....|Do Nothing New... Get these finished, "as is"..... The once that's done, look at new things, inc revising all these "one at a time".

Even posting on DA site will take me longer than most to work out how to do it the first time :lol: , but I will manage it.

For now I will re-post these, I don't know what the problem was, but something was not right, but I tested them thoroughly this time, inc deleting my temp directories and reinstalling the skins and running them.

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into it soon.

Keith AKA lucifer
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 1st, 2023, 1:08 pm If Heineken made Stargates I would like to think they would look like these
I have re made these skins as I was told something was wrong.

These are definitely ok, I even deleted my directory and reinstalled them, and they worked perfectly.

BUT simple instructions

Install the skins...... BUT DON'T RUN THEM YET
Now copy the special effects into both directories.
Then Run them

IF you want to put them all in one directory, that's fine, BUT you will be warned about duplicate directories and duplicate files etc,

NOT A PROBLEM

They will literally be just that, just tell windows to merge them, and then copy and overwrite all duplicated files.... I testes it myself to make sure there were no unexpected problems.

Keith aka Lucifer

PS pleas see first post re code suggestions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:48 pm Just a thought for extra-large packages...
You could offer them from your Google Drive, M$ One Drive, or a DevinatArt site locations, which avoids the 10-megabit limit of the forum.

Save them there and post a link in the forum.
As mentioned I did something wrong skinning these after cutting them down to size.

I see 10 people have downloaded the SGC gate, which had approx half missing, is there any way to tell them I screwed up, but have uploaded a new version with the missing parts. I don't even know who they are?

K
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 1st, 2023, 1:08 pm If Heineken made Stargates I would like to think they would look like these
Hi sorry I messed up making the skins, I have remade them further down, please download the newer ones. I'm new to this still making beginners mistakes.

Have just started on Destiny's stargate, needs coding differently (but I'm getting better as I go), I'll put it up soon as its finished.

Keith aka Lucifer