- Sigma Bar
- Weather Details (Today & Tomorrow)
- Media Player (NowPlaying & WebNowPlaying)
- CPU (All with 1, 4, 8, or 16 core lines & Top Process Tooltip)
- Net (Current Up/Dn and Cumulative Tooltip, Reset Stats)
- Analogue Clock (Sweep seconds hand c/o JSMorley)
- Small, Medium, & Large Analog Clocks with Time, Date, & Uptime Tooltip
- Rainmeter Forum RSS
- Rainmeter Forum RSS Marquee (Modified scroll code by Yincognito)
- BBC International News RSS
- BBC International News RSS Marquee
- Marquee Template
- Reader Template
- Motivational Quotes
- Pithy Quotes (based on JSMorley 's work)
- Sigma Logo
- Clock (with Multiple Formats)
- Date (with Multiple Formats)
- Weather (Fahrenheit, Celsius, Hybrid)
- Media (NowPlaying and WebNowPlaying)
- Search (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo)
- This PC
- and All Your Apps
Today I am posting a suite based on the MagickMeter plugin by Khanhas that can blurs backgrounds but also add effects such as shadows and transparent text. You need to follow the instructions on his page to install ImageMagick.
Helpful Use Info:
When first loaded, the Sigma skin will activate the ResyncWallpaper config. That will display a resync message for 10 seconds, then minimize all open windows, hide all skins, and take a screenshot of your desktop for use by all the other skins.
The Sigma Bar and Sigma Logo skin will then be displayed. After 10 seconds, the Sigma Logo skin will deactivate.
I added an AutoIt3 script (@Resources\Scripts\ToggleDesktop.exe) to toggle open windows for a screenshot. It simply simulates "Win+D" key press.
To manually restore all minimized windows press "Win+D" key combination.
Or right-click Window's task bar and select 'Show open windows'.
Two major reasons for using the MagickMeter plugin instead of the Frosted Glass plugin (besides the lag issue) are the ability to control the amount of blur (called 'sigma'). Secondly this also lets you create text that has the desktop visible through it.
You can see these completely transparent letters used in several skins: Sigma Logo and the Quote skins. When the skin detects a change in the accent color, it will activate the ResyncAutomatic config.
This config will not display anything on your screen, but it WILL minimize all open windows, hide all skins, take a new screenshot, show all skins, unminimize all open windows (simulates "Win+D" key press).
If the color change is not detected, you can manually initial a resync from any skin's context menu; right-click a skin, select 'Custom skin actions', and select 'Resync desktop wallpaper'.
The context menu (right-click any Sigma skin) has options to control the appearance: blur level, text style, edge shadow, etc. It also gives access to the variables file if you want to manually edit settings.
Note: There is a delays built into the re-sync skins which gives time to 'clear' the desktop for a screenshot and refresh all skins. You may need to adjust those in the resync skins if windows consistently are not minimized; currently it is 8 seconds.
If you experience any issues please post a comment in this thread. Thanks and Enjoy!
MagickMeter plugin by Khanhas
Chameleon plugin by Socks the Fox
SysColor plugin by Brian
WebNowPlaying by tjhrulz
Sweep-seconds clock by JSMorley
Pithy Quotes by JSMorley & Smurfier
ImageMagick for Windows