It is currently May 8th, 2024, 6:29 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
mborghi

Re: Gadgets 7.5.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by mborghi »

SilverAzide wrote: August 18th, 2023, 11:13 pm I noticed that; nice job! :thumbup:

OK, to adjust the Drives Meter, you'll need to add 26 Calc measures to calculate the percentage empty space. There are already measures for the filled space. In the Drives Meter.ini file, find the measure [MeasureDiskPercentFullA]. After this measure, add a new measure:

Code: Select all

[MeasureDiskPercentEmptyA]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureDiskSpaceFreeA / MeasureDiskSpaceTotalA
Group=MeasureGroupA
Disabled=#HideDiskA#
Repeat this 25 more times for drives B to Z, changing the "A" suffix to the proper drive letter.

Next, open the DrivesText.inc file and find the pair of meters like these:

[DriveUsedA]
Text="Used: #TextDiskSpaceUsedA#B"

[DriveFreeA]
Text="Free: #TextDiskSpaceFreeA#B"
Change these measures as follows:

[DriveUsedA]
Text="Used: [MeasureDiskPercentFullA:%,2]%"

[DriveFreeA]
Text="Free: [MeasureDiskPercentEmptyA:%,2]%"
Repeat this for drives B to Z, changing the "A" suffix to the proper drive letter. I think that should do it; I didn't try it, but this should be close.
Thank you!!
CoJoe

Post by CoJoe »

SilverAzide wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 11:54 am Sure, glad you got it looking the way you want!

Looks like something is wrong with the [CalcGPUPercentTempMax] measure. You can check the About > Skins > GPU Meter window and see if it is returning a value. If not, then check that the [MeasureGPUThermalLimit] measure is returning a non-zero value.
Good find, [CalcGPUPercentTempMax] is indeed returning a value of 0. [MeasureGPUThermalLimit] is also giving a value of 0, which might be the reason the formula doesn't work. I replaced the MeasureGPUThermalLimit value with a static value of 100, and it's working! Thanks for the insight! I'll wait until the update for a less jury-rigged version haha
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

CoJoe wrote: August 24th, 2023, 2:59 am Good find, [CalcGPUPercentTempMax] is indeed returning a value of 0. [MeasureGPUThermalLimit] is also giving a value of 0, which might be the reason the formula doesn't work. I replaced the MeasureGPUThermalLimit value with a static value of 100, and it's working! Thanks for the insight! I'll wait until the update for a less jury-rigged version haha
Ah, OK! Sounds like either you didn't define a variable named HWiNFO_GPU0_ThermalLimit, and/or you didn't set it to the HWiNFO sensor index for this sensor (and assuming you enabled reporting). Once you do that, you should be good to go.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
CoJoe

Post by CoJoe »

SilverAzide wrote: August 24th, 2023, 11:54 am Ah, OK! Sounds like either you didn't define a variable named HWiNFO_GPU0_ThermalLimit, and/or you didn't set it to the HWiNFO sensor index for this sensor (and assuming you enabled reporting). Once you do that, you should be good to go.
Aye I had the sensors not set up correctly for AMD systems
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

An update to the Gadgets has been released!

7.6.0 - 2023-10-06
  • Added new UPS Meter gadget to allow monitoring uninterruptable power supplies (requires HWiNFO).
  • Added new HWiNFO Meter gadget to allow monitoring sensor data for up to 16 sensors (requires HWiNFO).
  • Revised Weather Meter to automatically retry connecting to weather.com if website connection fails.
  • Enhanced GPU Meter to show GPU temperature as a bar graph if a thermal limit sensor is available.
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to add option to number cores starting with zero.
  • Enhanced the Digital Clock to add option to show total uptime.
  • Updated All CPU Meter to support new Intel processor branding.
Requires Rainmeter 4.5.16 or later.

Upgrade Notes
If upgrading an existing Gadgets installation:
  • Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro: The NetMonitor service has not been updated in this release. Upgrading the service is optional. To upgrade, use the Network Settings to stop the service, uninstall it, and then reinstall.
  • If using any patches, such as the Gadgets Modernizer, download and reinstall the latest version of the patch.
Arbitria

Post by Arbitria »

Greetings,

It’s very good that an update has been released and you are maintaining your gadgets at the proper level. Gadgets make computer management much better and more convenient.

Updates automatically and without any problems using an additional notification window (literally, in seconds) :thumbup:

Of course, new developments (gadgets) are also noticeable, which cannot but rejoice. Also, as I mentioned earlier, it would be cool to see detailed networking processes (connections) of a computer as a addition to a networking gadget.
CoJoe

Post by CoJoe »

Congratulations on the update! However now I'm stuck between deciding to keep using my current setup or upgrading to yours and redoing my custom changes haha — I may make the switch later :D
emp00

Post by emp00 »

@SilverAzide - also many thanks from my side for maintaining the great Sidebar Gadgets suite, it's a true gem allowing a high degree of customization which is highly appreciated: excellent work. I also have a few custom "Modernizer theme modifications" but hopefully I can use my published documentation to switch to 7.6.0. However, looking at the changelog, I think for "my" gadgets in use (only CPU, Drives and Network meters) there are no changes that I currently need, so I might stick to 7.5.0 for the time being.
Arbitria wrote: October 7th, 2023, 9:14 am Also, as I mentioned earlier, it would be cool to see detailed networking processes (connections) of a computer as a addition to a networking gadget.
Cool idea - something similar to the "Show Top X Processes" feature in the CPU meter --> for the Network meter this could be "Show Top X Connections" showing network traffic destinations with currently highest incoming/outgoing traffic. If possible, showing the resolved/speaking connections instead of IP adresses would be great, so that we can have an eye on where current network traffic is going ... I'm not aware of another gadget with this functionality yet. Technically this should be possible, maybe we can discuss/draft the basic Rainmeter code here (or in a separate thread)?
philumax

Post by philumax »

Hi all!
I'll add another layer: thank you for extending the life of addgadgets.
See you.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Thanks everyone!
Arbitria wrote: October 7th, 2023, 9:14 am Also, as I mentioned earlier, it would be cool to see detailed networking processes (connections) of a computer as a addition to a networking gadget.
emp00 wrote: October 7th, 2023, 11:20 am Cool idea - something similar to the "Show Top X Processes" feature in the CPU meter --> for the Network meter this could be "Show Top X Connections" showing network traffic destinations with currently highest incoming/outgoing traffic. If possible, showing the resolved/speaking connections instead of IP adresses would be great, so that we can have an eye on where current network traffic is going ... I'm not aware of another gadget with this functionality yet. Technically this should be possible, maybe we can discuss/draft the basic Rainmeter code here (or in a separate thread)?
Well, I would love to be able to do this too! In fact, this was the second gadget I wanted to create -- until I discovered this is practically impossible. ...For me, anyway, LOL.

It turns out that this is incredibly complex. There is no API in Windows (that I can comprehend), or performance counter, or single/simple WMI query, that will obtain this information directly that I am aware of. I have no clue how Windows Resource Monitor is able to do what it does on the Network tab, for example. There are a few third-party tools that do this, like NirSoft's NetworkTrafficView for example, but there's no good way to hook this into Rainmeter. There is a free 3rd-party library available (https://npcap.com/) that can be used, but building a Rainmeter plugin that uses this is far beyond my capabilities.

If I learn anything else about this topic, you can be sure a Gadget that does this will be at the top of my to do list!