It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:48 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.5.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

mrsupernoodles wrote: June 19th, 2023, 10:58 pm I've switched it back to monitoring Core0-5 and its still the same as you can see below so i just assume its related to all the cores running at the same clocks because of my OC
Maybe that is it...

That clock speed at the top is the only part of the skin that is using all the clocks; as I mentioned above, it is the maximum of all the clocks. If you want to see the actual measure using all these values, in the CpuMain.inc file, the measure is [MeasureCPUSpeedHWiNFO].

You can certainly configure only a single core for this if you want, but your clock speed probably won't be correct. If you look at HWiNFO, you'll most likely see the clocks bouncing all around. They vary wildly on my machine, from <1GHz to nearly 5GHz, and not all cores on hybrid CPUs run at the same base clock. Your older desktop CPU might not show such wild variation from one second to the next like newer laptop CPUs.

You can map the Core 0 clock to HWiNFO's average clock value as an alternative. Whatever you prefer is fine, you can configure things however you like. :thumbup:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

mrsupernoodles wrote: June 19th, 2023, 10:58 pm
Here is a clearer explanation... Notice the clocks vary from <1Ghz to nearly 5Ghz. Core 0 would be the worst one to pick on my machine, at least during this particular slice of time.

Image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
takayo72

Post by takayo72 »

How do I update Gadgets to 7.5.0 ?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

takayo72 wrote: July 13th, 2023, 12:33 am How do I update Gadgets to 7.5.0 ?
Lots of ways to do this. The simplest is to just go to the first page of this thread and click the "click here to download 7.5.0" button. Install it over your existing installation and it should migrate all your settings. Open the Welcome gadget and check the "Check for updates" option to keep up to date.
CoJoe

Post by CoJoe »

Greetings! I love this Skin and am super greatful for you keeping it active while ModernGadgets isn't updated anymore!

Is there a way to hide more stats from the gadgets than what's displayed in settings? I'd like to hide the read/write numbers for my drives, as well as the Memory Clock stat from my GPU meter.

I had some measure of success editing Drives Meter.ini;

Before:

After:
The read/write times are hidden, but the arrows and units are still present. Is it possible to hide those too by manually deleting something?

My end goal is to make Gadgets have close to the same form factor as my ModernGadgets setup;
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

CoJoe wrote: August 12th, 2023, 2:38 am Greetings! I love this Skin and am super greatful for you keeping it active while ModernGadgets isn't updated anymore!

Is there a way to hide more stats from the gadgets than what's displayed in settings? I'd like to hide the read/write numbers for my drives, as well as the Memory Clock stat from my GPU meter.

The read/write times are hidden, but the arrows and units are still present. Is it possible to hide those too by manually deleting something?
Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets!

The way to hide the drive stats is to comment-out the meters that show them (the comment symbol is a semicolon, so just prefix each line with a semicolon to comment it out). You'll need to make additional changes as well.

Open the include file DrivesText.inc. There are 4 meters per drive you need to comment out: [DriveReadArrowN], [DriveReadN], [DriveWriteArrowN], [DriveWriteN]. Replace the N with each drive letter, A to Z.

This will hide the meters, but the "disk section" will still remain the same height. You'll see a "50" factor in all the Y expressions; this is the "section height" in pixels. Change this globally (including in DrivesMeter.ini) by subtracting 12, to "38" or something like that; you might need to adjust as needed.

You'd do the similar thing for the GPU Meter. Open GpuMain.inc and find the [MeterGPUMemClockPrompt] and [MeterGPUMemClock] meters and comment them out. Find the variable BgHeight and reduce the first term by 12 or so. In other words, change BgHeight=(182 - ... to BgHeight=(170 - .... You might need to adjust as needed, but 12 is close. I think that should do it.

Let me know if you run into issues.
CoJoe

Post by CoJoe »

SilverAzide wrote: August 12th, 2023, 4:52 am Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets!

The way to hide the drive stats is to comment-out the meters that show them (the comment symbol is a semicolon, so just prefix each line with a semicolon to comment it out). You'll need to make additional changes as well.

Open the include file DrivesText.inc. There are 4 meters per drive you need to comment out: [DriveReadArrowN], [DriveReadN], [DriveWriteArrowN], [DriveWriteN]. Replace the N with each drive letter, A to Z.

This will hide the meters, but the "disk section" will still remain the same height. You'll see a "50" factor in all the Y expressions; this is the "section height" in pixels. Change this globally (including in DrivesMeter.ini) by subtracting 12, to "38" or something like that; you might need to adjust as needed.

You'd do the similar thing for the GPU Meter. Open GpuMain.inc and find the [MeterGPUMemClockPrompt] and [MeterGPUMemClock] meters and comment them out. Find the variable BgHeight and reduce the first term by 12 or so. In other words, change BgHeight=(182 - ... to BgHeight=(170 - .... You might need to adjust as needed, but 12 is close. I think that should do it.

Let me know if you run into issues.
Thank you! I'll give this a shot, I figured it out on my own how to remove them via edits to DrivesText.inc, but I came back to ask about the spacing issues, but you've provided steps on how to fix that too!
I'll give your suggestions to changing the global Y height a try tomorrow.

EDIT:

Your instructions on changing the Y factor worked and the drives are much more compact now, I'll have to mess with the bar heights to fix them too, but that shouldn't be hard. Again, thanks!

============================================================================================

I wanted to make a recommendation too if this wouldn't be hard to implement?

Notice how the Temperature readings for the GPU and CPU look different;

GPU Temperature:⠀ ⠀ ⠀ 00C

====BAR==== Temp⠀ ⠀ ⠀ 00C

In future updates would you be able to standardize the GPU Temp readout to look the same as the CPU and the rest of the barred stats?
emp00

Post by emp00 »

@Cojoe: Check out the instructions in this thread - I also went through streamlining the gadgets design similar to your ideas (I'm using the Modernizer variant). In the link I have documented my modifications and some screenshots. Big thanks of course (always) go to @SilverAzide 's help! :thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

CoJoe wrote: August 12th, 2023, 5:58 am I wanted to make a recommendation too if this wouldn't be hard to implement?

Notice how the Temperature readings for the GPU and CPU look different;

GPU Temperature:⠀ ⠀ ⠀ 00C

====BAR==== Temp⠀ ⠀ ⠀ 00C

In future updates would you be able to standardize the GPU Temp readout to look the same as the CPU and the rest of the barred stats?
To show a GPU temp bar meter, I would need a temperature value that is a percentage of something. CPUs have a TjMax value that I can use as the maximum value and calculate the percentage, but I don't know if such a thing exists for GPUs. My nVidia card shows a "Thermal limit" sensor where throttling starts, but I don't think this is the same thing.

In any case, your observation about the inconsistent appearance is a valid one. I'll consider it if I can find a way to show temperature as a percentage. Thanks for the feedback!
CoJoe

Post by CoJoe »

emp00 wrote: August 12th, 2023, 3:40 pm @Cojoe: Check out the instructions in this thread - I also went through streamlining the gadgets design similar to your ideas (I'm using the Modernizer variant). In the link I have documented my modifications and some screenshots. Big thanks of course (always) go to @SilverAzide 's help! :thumbup:
I'll take a look there too. I've been messing with settings for the past day and I'm pretty happy with what I have right now but your small edits might be nice, to shrink the drive meter even smaller. Thanks!