It is currently September 8th, 2024, 2:56 am

Stopped Displaying Temperature

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
sombrero

Re: Stopped Displaying Temperature

Post by sombrero »

balala wrote: May 18th, 2024, 11:45 am There is no gadget directory, but skins folder. In case you were looking for a Gadgets folder, it's normal you didn't find it. The Skins folder, which contains the skins installed to your computer, is located here: Documents\Rainmeter\Skins. In most common case the exact location of this folder is C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins, but this might be different, depending on the settings of your computer. To find exactly where this folder is placed, right click Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click Edit settings. The place of Skins folder is stored as SkinPath option under the [Rainmeter] section of the opening file.
I don't have installed the Gadgets skin package, so am not entirely sure about how is this package built, however if you identified the location of Skins folder, you'll find into it a Skins\Gadgets folder (this is the root config of the skin), which should contain a @Resources folder. WeatherComJSONVariables.inc is placed most probably into a Weather folder existing into this @Resources folder, or maybe into another of its subfolders.
Thanks. I had no problem finding the skin directory. I did not find
WeatherComJSONVariables.inc
there or below.
sombrero

Post by sombrero »

Yincognito wrote: May 18th, 2024, 11:38 am You could update your Gadgets suite from here:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=20699
Got it. Now, what do I do with this file?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sombrero wrote: May 18th, 2024, 12:33 pm Got it. Now, what do I do with this file?
Double click it to install the .rmskin file.

EDIT: If after installing you still get an empty Weather Meter skin, follow the instructions here (or, just do what balala advised above):
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=44070#p223857
Save the file you just edited, and then refresh the Weather Meter skin.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
worknstiff

Post by worknstiff »

:welcome:
SilverAzide wrote: May 16th, 2024, 12:02 pm Go to:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\<your skin folder>\@Resources

File name: WeatherComJSONVariables.inc

Change APIKey variable to:

Code: Select all

APIKey=71f92ea9dd2f4790b92ea9dd2f779061
GREAT!!!! THANKS to SilverAzide!!! I was dreading having to find another "working" weather meter like I had to last time it stopped working.
sombrero

Post by sombrero »

Yincognito wrote: May 18th, 2024, 12:36 pm Double click it to install the .rmskin file.

EDIT: If after installing you still get an empty Weather Meter skin, follow the instructions here (or, just do what balala advised above):
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=44070#p223857
Save the file you just edited, and then refresh the Weather Meter skin.
As I have said a couple of times
WeatherComJSONVariables.inc

is not present in my skins folder. Perhaps it will be after applying the update. Will see.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sombrero wrote: May 18th, 2024, 1:30 pmPerhaps it will be after applying the update.
Precisely. And not in your skins folder, in your Gadgets suite folder:
Gadgets.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sombrero

Post by sombrero »

Yincognito wrote: May 18th, 2024, 1:51 pm Precisely. And not in your skins folder, in your Gadgets suite folder:
Gadgets.jpg
Found it this time. The api key was all I needed. Thanks.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sombrero wrote: May 18th, 2024, 2:23 pm Found it this time. The api key was all I needed. Thanks.
:thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: May 18th, 2024, 11:36 am Just speculating here, but some keys might have different "expiry" dates. Plus, the changes might be regional and gradual.
There is no problem with the not-working API key. This is a completely normal thing. My question was more related to why so many this kind of questions now, in last week, while were no such questions for long time. The not-working API key in case of old packages is there from long time, so why now all those questions? This is my confusion.
But doesn't really matter. As said, was more a rhetorical question.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: May 18th, 2024, 4:27 pm The not-working API key in case of old packages is there from long time, so why now all those questions? This is my confusion.
The not-working API key exists only in the original old packages. That doesn't exclude the possibility that the key was updated by the user in the meantime, until this new change made them seek advice. Most of these users might not even remember how they changed it in the past, if they were the ones that did it in the first place.