It is currently October 18th, 2024, 5:18 am

HSLiders | Color Selector

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
RicardoTM

Re: HSLiders | Color Selector

Post by RicardoTM »

sl23 wrote: October 2nd, 2024, 9:50 pm I think you misunderstand. I'm still using the @Resources folder from your skin. I created a new folder within the Rainmeter/Skins folder called Utilities:

Code: Select all

Skins/
 - Utilities/
   - HSLidersSTA/HSLiders.ini
     - Eyedropper/Eyedropper.ini and ZoomBitmap.bmp
   - @Resources/
     - HSLidersSTA/ (all files for the skin placed here)
     - Fonts/ (Fonts still in here)
I went through every file in your skin and change the location to add the extra subfolder, which I just named after the skin, then moved all those files into it.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for accepting the idea. :thumbup:
I think it makes sense for users not so savvy when wanting to uninstall skins. And helps those who are a little more savvy how to organise and keep track of which files belong to which skin. This way, I can create my own suite, which is a collection of useful utilities. :D
That sure makes more sense :thumbup:

It surely makes sense for utility skins like this one. Thank you for the suggestion! :thumbup:

I'll implement it as soon as I have time, probably after releasing the gauges update.

Have a nice day! :D
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Thank you, appreciate you taking time to change it. :thumbup:

You have a good day too. :)
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I've been using this a fair bit and it's been so easy and useful to use. Can't thank you enough for making and sharing this!

I do have a little request though. If you have the time and like the idea, could you add an option to auto paste the colour when using the eye dropper please. Just that when I used it to create 30 buttons of different colours, it became a bit tedious having to click the coloured box after using the dropper.

Not sure if this is a difficult thing to add but it would make it so much easier and quicker to use. Thanks again for such an amazing and useful little tool! :thumbup:
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

sl23 wrote: October 16th, 2024, 7:58 am I've been using this a fair bit and it's been so easy and useful to use. Can't thank you enough for making and sharing this!

I do have a little request though. If you have the time and like the idea, could you add an option to auto paste the colour when using the eye dropper please. Just that when I used it to create 30 buttons of different colours, it became a bit tedious having to click the coloured box after using the dropper.

Not sure if this is a difficult thing to add but it would make it so much easier and quicker to use. Thanks again for such an amazing and useful little tool! :thumbup:

Hey sl, that's weird :? it should automatically apply the color to HSLiders as well as copy the color to the clipboard.

Clicking the swatch (the colored box) pastes the color that is in the clipboard, clicking the swatch with the mouse wheel will copy the current color to the clipboard as well.
Desktop2024.10.16-02.25.31.02-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
Please check if when you modified the files you accidentally broke the communication between the eyedropper and HSLiders. Check if the log has any "Skin doesn't exist" error on the log. The parentConfig variable might be wrong on Eyedropper.ini it has to be the name of HSLidersSTA config. If you moved the config then it should be Utilities\HSLidersSTA (according to what you said posts earlier).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Please let me know if that was the problem or if I misunderstood your request :thumbup:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Sorry for the late reply, I will take a look again today. Been really busy lately. Thanks.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

No rush :thumbup:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Cheers. Sorry busy setting up my sons PC today and likely tomorrow. So much to sort on it! O.O