It is currently October 16th, 2024, 8:50 am

Thoughts on theme creation

General topics related to Rainmeter.
MikeG621

Re: Thoughts on theme creation

Post by MikeG621 »

sl23 wrote: October 14th, 2024, 7:24 am I would use INC files that contain meter styles or variables with the relevant theme code. Then have a skin menu or context menu to change the skins theme. That way would be easier to develop and for non tech users to change theme. Also not too hard to then add new themes.
That's how I do mine. The INC files define just about everything in the theme, including the few colors necessary. Each skin defines how big it is, if it uses a header, etc, and the INC takes care of the rest of it.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

sl23 wrote: October 14th, 2024, 7:24 am I posted an idea about themes, but I hadn't read your post, too tired. Then I read a little of it and found it wasn't helpful so I deleted it.

I was just basically saying I would use INC files that contain meter styles or variables with the relevant theme code. Then have a skin menu or context menu to change the skins theme. That way would be easier to develop and for non tech users to change theme. Also not too hard to then add new themes.
I didn't know posts can be deleted, how?

And yeah, all themes will be on a separate folder at #@#User/Presets/Themes/ there the user can duplicate the default.inc theme and name it something else to create a different theme and simply edit all variables in it. Then change the Theme variable which is at #@#User/User.inc to the name of their new theme to apply it.

I haven't designed a way to select the themes yet. I'm thinking of a collapsible little context menu and use fileview to display all themes available in the folder.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

RicardoTM wrote: October 14th, 2024, 4:55 pm I didn't know posts can be deleted, how?
You can only delete a post you have made if there are no responses to it. If there are, all you can really do is remove the text and just leave "..." or something. I saw that sl23 had done that, and I deleted his post for him.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

jsmorley wrote: October 14th, 2024, 5:07 pm You can only delete a post you have made if there are no responses to it. If there are, all you can really do is remove the text and just leave "..." or something. I saw that sl23 had done that, and I deleted his post for him.

Oh that makes sense. Yeah I've seen his " :welcome: " on other posts. Thanks for letting me know.