It is currently October 16th, 2024, 10:38 am

HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges 4.5 [Colorable Gauges!]

Skins that monitor system information
matt83

Re: HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges 4.1 [Important Bug Fixes]

Post by matt83 »

RicardoTM wrote: September 26th, 2024, 5:04 am Hey, that video is quite old that's why it looks different. I'll update it once I finish the whole set of features. Opacity is not a setting you can change through HSLiders but you can change it by editing the colors on the code.

To do that right click on any gauge and then click on Open [Gauge Name] folder (first option)
Then go back from there to ResizableGauges folder, then navigate to @Resources/Theme and open Colors.inc
Then look for the BackgroundColor variable, you can add the opacity at the end from 0-255 after a comma.
So it should go from BackgroundColor=244,246,246 to BackgroundColor=244,246,246,200.
You can manually change any color there. Finally save the file and Right Click any gauge then click on Refresh All.

Things to have in mind:
The current version doesn't look good with transparency so I don't recommend it as of now, hence why I removed it.
The Colors.inc file only lists current colors being used, so if you switch from the dark theme to the light theme you'll have to change the opacity manually again since it will replace all variables with new colors each time you switch from one theme to the other.

Extra tip:
Above the variables there's a measure called [Themes]
That measure contains two "If True Actions", those actions contain two separate [!SetVariable Color ...] bangs. The color on the first bang is the Dark theme color and the one in the second is the Light one.
You can change these to any color, then click the Switch Theme button and the script will automatically create a Theme using the color you chose. This won't affect the color of the gauges as of yet though.

Thank you for trying the Resizable Gauges!
Thanks for your reply, I tried and yeah it doesn't look as good as the original one cause it changes even the temperature color in the gauges (in my case it became light grey so barely readable) and the top label (the one with ryzen 7 and zotac 4070 name) shows a different kind of opacity, probably cause it's like two backgrounds overlapping.
I attached a screenshot to show how it looks on a double monitor setup. Would look great if the text color didn't change and if there was no background label on top, I hope there will be a way to implement more customization settings like these in the future but I'll keep on using the original theme for now, thanks again for the great job I love it!
screenshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryanw91

Post by Ryanw91 »

Sorry, but is there a trick to getting the Patch 4.1 to work when upgrading from 4.0? Download it and the install window shows the loading bar fully max out then nothing happens and the version remains at 4.0. Thanks! Posting here if someone else has this issue as well.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

matt83 wrote: September 26th, 2024, 3:18 pm Thanks for your reply, I tried and yeah it doesn't look as good as the original one cause it changes even the temperature color in the gauges (in my case it became light grey so barely readable) and the top label (the one with ryzen 7 and zotac 4070 name) shows a different kind of opacity, probably cause it's like two backgrounds overlapping.
I attached a screenshot to show how it looks on a double monitor setup. Would look great if the text color didn't change and if there was no background label on top, I hope there will be a way to implement more customization settings like these in the future but I'll keep on using the original theme for now, thanks again for the great job I love it!

screenshot.jpg
That's right. Those are 2 different shapes that overlap so to fix it i'll need to make it into a single shape. Also the font color depends on the Background Color variable to make sure it is always readable, that's why. You can tell for example that when you choose white as a gradient color while using the digital or tough designs (that have dynamic font colors), the text will never be white, to avoid it from being unreadable (on the light theme, black on the dark theme). The problem is that the gauges can't change color on the current released version, but "codwise" they'll use the same background color the list is using, this will change in the future.

My plan is updating HSLiders to give more control to the user. This will allow more customization, like changing the Gauge and list colors and selecting between dynamic and static font colors independently of the chosen design.
Ryanw91 wrote: September 26th, 2024, 6:05 pm Sorry, but is there a trick to getting the Patch 4.1 to work when upgrading from 4.0? Download it and the install window shows the loading bar fully max out then nothing happens and the version remains at 4.0. Thanks! Posting here if someone else has this issue as well.
Hey Ryan, there's no trick. You only need to install it and that's it. To make sure you have the 4.1 version simply restart your pc, if the gauges update automatically (show the sensor values instead of staying at 0) then you have the latest version. The 4.1 version only fixes that issue and avoids the gauges from turning grey on sensors with low values.

Take into account that the patch only works if your previous version is the 4.0, if it isn't then you have to use the full install version (the first download).

Also if you're using Windows 11 make sure the rainmeter folder is on the documents folder in your hard drive and not in OneDrive, this causes a lot of install issues.
Ryanw91

Post by Ryanw91 »

RicardoTM wrote: September 26th, 2024, 7:35 pm
Hey Ryan, there's no trick. You only need to install it and that's it. To make sure you have the 4.1 version simply restart your pc, if the gauges update automatically (show the sensor values instead of staying at 0) then you have the latest version. The 4.1 version only fixes that issue and avoids the gauges from turning grey on sensors with low values.

Take into account that the patch only works if your previous version is the 4.0, if it isn't then you have to use the full install version (the first download).

Also if you're using Windows 11 make sure the rainmeter folder is on the documents folder in your hard drive and not in OneDrive, this causes a lot of install issues.
I was able to get the sensors to start reading right away. Appears there was a setting within HWiNFO not toggled. I toggled the "Show sensors on startup" and "minimize sensors on startup" and in conjunction, they allow your gauges to start reading right at system startup. However, I could still not get the rainmeter to accurately display that I am on version 4.1.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Ryanw91 wrote: September 29th, 2024, 1:10 pm I was able to get the sensors to start reading right away. Appears there was a setting within HWiNFO not toggled. I toggled the "Show sensors on startup" and "minimize sensors on startup" and in conjunction, they allow your gauges to start reading right at system startup. However, I could still not get the rainmeter to accurately display that I am on version 4.1.
The patch only contains "include" files which don't allow me to change the individual skins metadata where the version is included, that's why they still display as 4.0 but as long as you install the patch correctly there's no problem. I might add a new file called version that I can update on every patch to avoid confusion in the future. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Edit. I have added a new version line in both HSLiders and Settings skin which will always display the current version and will also link to this thread to check for updates when clicked on. Also added a .ini file to the \Extras folder that will also display the current version and removed the version line from all other files. This will be included on the next update. Hopefully this will avoid future confusion.
RicardoTM

HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges 4.5 Released [Colorable Gauges!]

Post by RicardoTM »

Resizable Gauges Version 4.5
Colorable Gauges

New package availabe for download on the main post.

I'm pretty excited to finally release this version since I started working on it months ago, now gauges are fully colorable, which makes them even more personalizable than before!
Dynamic Text Color is now also design independent, this means you can enable or disable it on any design. You can now change the List Opacity as well.
Desktop2024.10.05-13.01.43.11-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif

This update also includes a new exciting feature:

Desktop2024.10.05-13.03.01.14-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
Now you can export HSLiders presets

Desktop2024.10.05-13.03.34.15-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
Import them

Desktop2024.10.05-13.03.54.16-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
As well as sync them to all gauges with a single click!

Preset files are saved at @Resources\User\Presets\HSLiders. Light and Dark mode won't affect the color of the gauges anymore, but I added both Dark and Light presets that you can import pretty easily.

Version.png
Now HSLiders and Settings display the current version on the bottom left side, clicking it will take you to this thread to check for updates.

Consider Sharing you presets!
If you feel like it, you can pack your @Resources\User\Presets\HSLiders folder into a .zip or .rar and share it on this forum, I would love to see your creations and build a comunity presets pack for everyone to enjoy!

Captura de pantalla 2024-10-05 135712.png
Finally I decided to get rid of the boxy design the list, the settings skin and the welcome tutorial had, now all skins share a similar round corner design way more simple and, to my like, aesthetic.

ChangeLog
Version 4.5 - Eighth Update
  • Now Gauges are colorable.
  • Deleted deprectaed gauges images.
  • Deleted a Shadow.png file that was never needed.
  • Added system for colorizing the gauges to HSLiders.
  • Added an Import\Export\Sync preset file system to HSLiders based on Windows CMD.
  • Added dynamic hints to HSLiders.
  • Added @Resources\User\Presets\HSLiders folder.
  • Now Dark and Light modes only affect the skins UI.
  • Changed all variables related to modes from theme to mode.
  • Now HSLiders and Settings skins show the current version on the bottom left corner and the Tutorial on the title on the first page.
  • You can now click on the version to return to this thread to check for updates.
  • Added Extras\Version.ini file which will always display the current version on its metadata.
  • Removed version metadata from all the files.
  • Added information related to the new HSLiders features to the Welcome Tutorial.
  • Moved all ContextMenus to a new file at @Resources\Content\ContextMenus\ContextMenus.inc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matt83

Re: HWiNFO | Resizable Gauges 4.5 [Colorable Gauges!]

Post by matt83 »

Thanks man, this update looks so good!
SOLFERICO

Post by SOLFERICO »

Hi! This is my first post, and I would like to use it to give a big thank you to RicardoTM for the great work.
Thanks to him I was able to create my first design for a custom sensor panel for my rig. Here it is:
IMG_2618(1).jpg
One of the things I missed is changing gauges colors, and I just found out the new version allows just that! So I'll be creating more designs for mi panel.
I manually modified it a little bit so I could change fonts on gauges. Any option to get this in the future? (I'm running 4.0 at the moment).

Thanks again!
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

SOLFERICO wrote: October 9th, 2024, 4:34 pm Hi! This is my first post, and I would like to use it to give a big thank you to RicardoTM for the great work.
Thanks to him I was able to create my first design for a custom sensor panel for my rig. Here it is:

IMG_2618(1).jpg

One of the things I missed is changing gauges colors, and I just found out the new version allows just that! So I'll be creating more designs for mi panel.
I manually modified it a little bit so I could change fonts on gauges. Any option to get this in the future? (I'm running 4.0 at the moment).

Thanks again!
Hey Solferico, thank you for sharing! That's an awesome setup and I'm glad my gauges gave it a nice touch.

While not on 4.5, changing gauge fonts is something I'm currently working on for the next update. Among other themes related things, it will allow to change fonts more easily, by creating themes. This is actually possible to do on 4.5 though, only not the way I want it.

If you don't want to wait for the next update to change the fonts, after installing 4.5, follow this instructions:
  • Go to @Resources\Theme\Themes\Default.inc and duplicate that file and name it something else.
  • Then go to @Resources\Theme\colors.inc, open that file and change the BaseTheme variable to your new file name.
  • Now open your new theme file, there you'll find the fontface variables related to each design, as well as other variables for the UI colors (those are automatically written when using the Mode Toggle Button).
Currently each design is made to the font it is using, so changing the font will need some font size and Y position adjustments (I'm also working on this for next update). To adjust this parameters you will need to go to @Resources\Content\GeGauges.inc, on the MeterStyles section you'll find Styles related to each design, adjust font sizes and Y positions there (don't modify the styles that have "Box" in their title).

Another important note, currently the toggle mode button will stop working when changing the BaseTheme variable, so, make sure you select the mode you will stay on before duplicating the Default.inc file. You can also change the UI colors if you want, just on the default.inc file change the colors on DarkModeColor and LightModeColor variables, then press the switch mode toggle button on any settings skin, then follow the instructions above. The next update will allow more control over this.

If you need help at any point please let me know.

Now, note that this files and their system will change for next update, so you will lose all these changes when you update next time.

Thank you for your kind words and welcome to the forums :)
SOLFERICO

Post by SOLFERICO »

RicardoTM wrote: October 9th, 2024, 5:36 pm Hey Solferico, thank you for sharing! That's an awesome setup and I'm glad my gauges gave it a nice touch.

While not on 4.5, changing gauge fonts is something I'm currently working on for the next update. Among other themes related things, it will allow to change fonts more easily, by creating themes. This is actually possible to do on 4.5 though, only not the way I want it.

If you don't want to wait for the next update to change the fonts, after installing 4.5, follow this instructions:
  • Go to @Resources\Theme\Themes\Default.inc and duplicate that file and name it something else.
  • Then go to @Resources\Theme\colors.inc, open that file and change the BaseTheme variable to your new file name.
  • Now open your new theme file, there you'll find the fontface variables related to each design, as well as other variables for the UI colors (those are automatically written when using the Mode Toggle Button).
Currently each design is made to the font it is using, so changing the font will need some font size and Y position adjustments (I'm also working on this for next update). To adjust this parameters you will need to go to @Resources\Content\GeGauges.inc, on the MeterStyles section you'll find Styles related to each design, adjust font sizes and Y positions there (don't modify the styles that have "Box" in their title).

Another important note, currently the toggle mode button will stop working when changing the BaseTheme variable, so, make sure you select the mode you will stay on before duplicating the Default.inc file. You can also change the UI colors if you want, just on the default.inc file change the colors on DarkModeColor and LightModeColor variables, then press the switch mode toggle button on any settings skin, then follow the instructions above. The next update will allow more control over this.

If you need help at any point please let me know.

Now, note that this files and their system will change for next update, so you will lose all these changes when you update next time.

Thank you for your kind words and welcome to the forums :)
Thanks to you Ricardo! Well, I got my custom fonts as you just suggested, and it works like a charm. I need 4.5 anyway to build a purple Vegetta version of the skin, so I'll give it a try