It is currently October 7th, 2024, 7:29 am

Help With Transparency On Monterey

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help With Transparency On Monterey

Post by eclectic-tech »

y0himba wrote: September 16th, 2024, 9:54 pm I finally got home from work and downloaded this. The only issue I am having is that the cover art vanishes when the music is paused. Music player is WNP (Web Now Playing)

y0himba-FDocumentsRainmeterSkinsM-326.png
I will look at that this evening and see what needs to be changed...
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

You have no idea how much I appreciate this.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

The gray cover image when not playing is how the skin was originally coded; the album cover area is used in the small and medium variants to toggle play/pause and needed to display that action against a gray background.

CHANGES
I modified the cover action to only slightly dim the cover when the mouse hovers on those 2 variants.
I added the WebNowPlaing plugin (that not in the original suite).

You can download an updated package here

ASIDE: I have experienced this suite crashing Rainmeter while editing... I will run the suite for a while to see if it is an issue. The suite may need more modifications if it does crash again.
BTW, this Rainmeter suite was abandoned by creewick because he developed a separate NET version.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 17th, 2024, 4:07 am because he developed a separate NET version.
You mean, as a program in itself?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 17th, 2024, 4:07 am
BTW, this Rainmeter suite was abandoned by creewick because he developed a separate NET version.
I second the question above and add, did cree mention where it could be seen?

Also, it's BEAUTIFUL. Perfect now playing widget.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yincognito wrote: September 17th, 2024, 7:29 am You mean, as a program in itself?
You can see both at his GitHub site
The Rainmeter version was archived, and the Net version is being developed.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 17th, 2024, 12:41 pm You can see both at his GitHub site
The Rainmeter version was archived, and the Net version is being developed.
Thanks, that's interesting. Seems like his program suffers from the same Win 11 CTRL-D "bug" as Rainmeter...
simplyputshb

Post by simplyputshb »

So i downloaded the Monterey rainmeter skin, for some reason the appearance with blur and the font looks very messed up. the font is italic and not the right font and also the theme when changed to blur it looks grey and white. I need help in fixing this. Please look at the screenshot attached. Image
Last edited by Yincognito on September 26th, 2024, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Show linked images
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

simplyputshb wrote: September 26th, 2024, 5:51 am So i downloaded the Monterey rainmeter skin, for some reason the appearance with blur and the font looks very messed up. the font is italic and not the right font and also the theme when changed to blur it looks grey and white. I need help in fixing this. Please look at the screenshot attached. Image
I'll let someone else answer regarding fonts, but if by any chance you're on the very latest Windows 11, the black and white color of the theme might be related to this issue with the Chameleon plugin, since the "symptoms" look more or less similar:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=43706&start=10#p224203
Now, I might be wrong with this, maybe it's the FrostedGlass plugin, or some code issue in the skin itself, so you might want to try the changes suggested by eclectic-tech earlier and see if it makes things better in that regard.

P.S. Just noticed your wallpaper is also kind of black and white -ish, so maybe the color issue is not about the Chameleon plugin, after all...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

simplyputshb wrote: September 26th, 2024, 5:51 am So i downloaded the Monterey rainmeter skin, for some reason the appearance with blur and the font looks very messed up. the font is italic and not the right font and also the theme when changed to blur it looks grey and white. I need help in fixing this. Please look at the screenshot attached. Image
The Monterey package on Github has a lot of issues. :x

I took the time to look at those issues and decided to combine my corrections and additions to that suite, along with the Yosemite Menu Bar by rabra, and JSMorley's ColorPicker into a new package.

I removed the FrostedGlass theme, added several new desktop 'widgets', and incorporated the menubar world clock.

Take a look at the updated and corrected suite here: Pinnacles