It is currently October 6th, 2024, 1:23 pm

Rainmeter crashes after installing skin

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
MarkusStark07

Rainmeter crashes after installing skin

Post by MarkusStark07 »

Hi,
I've been using rainmeter for a while and i had few skins installed, monstercat-vizualer, mond, and alingment. This problem occured when i was playing game and suddenlly my whole pc started lagging, so i didnt had other options so i used the power button to shutdown my pc, after that every time i try active monstercat or alingment skin my rainmeter crashes, even when installing them. i reinstalled rainmeter, deleted all files that i know rainmeter uses and i also tried to repair my windows beacuse i had some issues with it recently, nothing helped. If some knew how to repair my rainmeter i would be gradeful.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter crashes after installing skin

Post by Yincognito »

MarkusStark07 wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 12:50 pm Hi,
I've been using rainmeter for a while and i had few skins installed, monstercat-vizualer, mond, and alingment. This problem occured when i was playing game and suddenlly my whole pc started lagging, so i didnt had other options so i used the power button to shutdown my pc, after that every time i try active monstercat or alingment skin my rainmeter crashes, even when installing them. i reinstalled rainmeter, deleted all files that i know rainmeter uses and i also tried to repair my windows beacuse i had some issues with it recently, nothing helped. If some knew how to repair my rainmeter i would be gradeful.
Most likely this is a Windows related issue, rather than a Rainmeter one. If Windows functions correctly, a crash that you previously had with Monstercat or any other skin loaded in a previous Rainmeter installation shouldn't have an effect on the current Rainmeter / Monstercat installations.

In any case, you should first take a look here to solve your issue:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=27981
Typically, if the crash is about Rainmeter itself or a properly coded skin, those steps should correct it.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MarkusStark07 wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 12:50 pm after that every time i try active monstercat or alingment skin my rainmeter crashes, even when installing them.
Besides Yincognito's recommendations, does Rainmeter crash ONLY when you try activating Monstercat or alingment (is this a typo, is that skin called alingment or alignment?) skin? And what do you mean by alingment skin (I keep writing it as you wrote)? We (I definitely) don't know what it is, so post a link first please to can check it. But can you activate other skins? For instance, can you activate the default illustro skins? Because if only Monstercat and alingment skins are the ones you can't activate, it's clear: those are the culprit. So, can you activate other skins?
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

He might be talking about this skin by eclectic, I use it a lot too. (It has never given me problems).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 1:59 pm He might be talking about this skin by eclectic, I use it a lot too. (It has never given me problems).
Yep, might be. Let's see, if he comes back with a reply.
MarkusStark07

Post by MarkusStark07 »

Yes, it crashes only when i load or try install these skins (i tried reinstalling them) also yes, that is that skin. Now i'm going to look at the link that Yincognito send. Thank you to all!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MarkusStark07 wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 6:52 pm Yes, it crashes only when i load or try install these skins (i tried reinstalling them) also yes, that is that skin.
If only some skins are giving troubles, that's a much more fortunate case: some or all of them is the culprit. Pack them please as you have them on your hard drive and upload the package here, just to can check. Don't post links, we're not interested in the original skins, because they definitely doesn't cause any trouble, being teste by many, for long time. Upload the package, please.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

MarkusStark07 wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 6:52 pm Yes, it crashes only when i load or try install these skins (i tried reinstalling them) also yes, that is that skin. Now i'm going to look at the link that Yincognito send. Thank you to all!
If one of those skins cause the crash, once you've gone through the steps in the link and hopefully got rid of the crash, you should try installing those two skins from these official links:
- Alignment Grids: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=20197 (mentioned by RicardoTM earlier)
- Monstercat Visualizer: https://github.com/marcopixel/monstercat-visualizer/releases/tag/2.1.0 (latest version from GitHub)
Like balala mentioned above, if your Windows and player are fine (not an expert in Spotify, if by any chance that is what you use, user Xenium is the main expert on it and WebNowPlaying), then installing the original versions shouldn't cause any trouble or crashing. I just tested both on Win 10 and Winamp as a player, and got no crash (obviously, didn't mess much with their settings apart from selecting the player). If you performed modifications on these skins, then maybe that's the cause for the crash and in that case you should follow the earlier advice by balala. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
MarkusStark07

Post by MarkusStark07 »

Here are the skins, i tried that link and Alignment Grid skins is working now. i didn't know tho that that website i downloaded it from wasnt official one, i'm going to try that.
P.S.
i'm writing this second time because i'm not sure if my first message was send because i didn't see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MarkusStark07

Post by MarkusStark07 »

Yes it's working as it should be! But i can't understantd why it didnt work after my pc crashed even when i used the same version for all skins and rainmeter and it was running fine before, even tho i reinstalled system, and deleted all rainmeter files and folders.

But thank you both for your help, I'm really grateful!
P.S. is there some reputation system in this forum? i would like to give you good karma for your help. :)