It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:18 pm

WebNowPlaying plugin. Supports sites like Youtube and Soundcloud

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
keifufu

Re: WebNowPlaying plugin. Supports sites like Youtube and Soundcloud

Post by keifufu »

xenium wrote: May 16th, 2023, 10:42 am Thanks for the explanations.
So, those who use Windows 10 and do not want the Spotify logo to be displayed under the cover image, must use version 1.2.0 of the WebNowPlaying plugin.
If you don't care about any of the 2.0.0 features there is no reason not to use 1.2.0 then, yup.
I'll always have the browser extension be backwards compatible !!

Edit: and as of right now, the spicetify extension is only compatible with 1.2.0 or older (even including 0.5.0 and such ofc)
xenium

Post by xenium »

keifufu wrote: May 16th, 2023, 10:45 am If you don't care about any of the 2.0.0 features there is no reason not to use 1.2.0 then, yup.
I'll always have the browser extension be backwards compatible !!

Edit: and as of right now, the spicetify extension is only compatible with 1.2.0 or older (even including 0.5.0 and such ofc)
Thank you!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

keifufu wrote: May 16th, 2023, 6:57 am1.2.0 can only read from Spotify with Spicetify installed.
In 2.0.0 I switched to using Windows' system media controls API. This allows WebNowPlaying to to pick up any player that reports info to windows, not just Spotify.

Like I said, the issue with there being a Spotify logo under the cover image is due to Spotify adding it, on windows 10 specifically, before handing that cover to Windows. You can see this by changing volume to bring up the Windows volume popup where all media being reported to windows is displayed.
Everything about this seems to indicate that it's some sort of Spotify watermark against non Spotify importing of data. This probably changed in (recent?) Windows 11 installments and it may have to do with something like this or related... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

xenium wrote: May 16th, 2023, 10:42 am Thanks for the explanations.
So, those who use Windows 10 and do not want the Spotify logo to be displayed under the cover image, must use version 1.2.0 of the WebNowPlaying plugin with Spicetify installed.
I just fixed this in 2.0.2.
On windows 10 it will now crop the cover if it's from spotify (to remove the watermark)
Reminder that with >2.0.0 spicetify is no longer required :3
xenium

Post by xenium »

keifufu wrote: June 16th, 2023, 6:04 pm I just fixed this in 2.0.2.
On windows 10 it will now crop the cover if it's from spotify (to remove the watermark)
Reminder that with >2.0.0 spicetify is no longer required :3
Great! Good job!
Thank you very much!
The only small issue with version 2 of the plugin remains that it only displays the first artist if there are more.
I understood that it cannot be solved because the Windows API allows only one artist to be specified.
A simple solution for those who want all artists to be displayed is to use the Spotify website instead of the desktop player.
Of course, in this case the browser extension must be installed.
Those who still want to use Spotify Desktop Player and have all artists displayed, must use version 1.2.0 of the plugin + Spicetify.
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

xenium wrote: June 16th, 2023, 7:22 pm Great! Good job!
Thank you very much!
The only small issue with version 2 of the plugin remains that it only displays the first artist if there are more.
I understood that it cannot be solved because the Windows API allows only one artist to be specified.
A simple solution for those who want all artists to be displayed is to use the Spotify website instead of the desktop player.
Those who still want to use Spotify Desktop Player and have all artists displayed, must use version 1.2.0 of the plugin + Spicetify.
Yeah, that's on spotify though (even though the cover was too, at least it was something I could fix).
It's sad how many popular players (even modern ones) don't make use of the windows api much, for example Tidal doesn't even report position/duration smh.
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

xenium wrote: June 16th, 2023, 7:22 pm Great! Good job!
Thank you very much!
Also note that another solution would be to use the Spotify web player, most people have their browser open all the time anyway.
xenium

Post by xenium »

keifufu wrote:
An issue noticed by RoseRain is described here:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=42549&sid=4e5b682721019525f88faaa53d00d149
This issue occurs with versions 2.0.4 /2.0.3 of the plugin
Lypheid

Post by Lypheid »

tjhrulz wrote: September 8th, 2017, 9:03 pm Do you want the mp3 or the page? Because returning the URL the page is currently on is easy and I would be willing to add but returning the URL of the song itself for several of these is not possible with the current implementation because they have safeties to prevent getting that easily.
Hello! A huge thanks to you and Keifufu for all your work. I know that this discussion is quite old, but I was curious if you were still planning to add the URL of the page (like the youtube page it is on, not the song itself) that it is on. We can still webparse it from the other Webnowplaying info and set the URL to empty when a desktop player is used, though it doesn't retrieve the right URL all the time if it is not precise enough or if they contain some special characters that make the search parsing fail.

The other problem with parsing is that URL is updated at a different time compared to Webnowplaying. As we use other Webnowplaying info to parse it, the URL is updated once Webnowplaying measures are updated, and when it has webparsed again, so there is a slight delay. This, combined with the fact that WebParser uses UpdateRate and Webnowplaying uses UpdateDivider, makes it very difficult to update all pieces of information at the exact same time when we need to use them together or in a complex way in a skin, especially with OnUpdateActions, ActionTimer or InputText from what I have tested.

This is why I am curious about this, I think it could solve those problems, and as I saw someone who wanted to parse info like view counts or other stuff from specific sites, it could also simplify this, as we could directly use the URL from Webnowplaying to webparse those pieces of information. This could open a wider scale of possibilities.

Again, a huge thanks for making this plugin it is such a life savior.
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

Lypheid wrote: July 27th, 2023, 11:37 am
Please open an issue on the GitHub page and explain what information you're trying to parse.