It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:41 pm

WebNowPlaying plugin. Supports sites like Youtube and Soundcloud

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
shoek

Re: WebNowPlaying plugin. Supports sites like Youtube and Soundcloud

Post by shoek »

xenium wrote: May 15th, 2023, 6:16 pm Version 2.0.0 of the plugin displays the album art with the logo at the bottom
Can this be fixed?
I'm seeing the same behavior on Win10. Spotify logo added to the album art.
Its a lo-fi logo so I don't think its coming from Spotify itself.
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

shoek wrote: May 16th, 2023, 2:10 am I'm seeing the same behavior on Win10. Spotify logo added to the album art.
Its a lo-fi logo so I don't think its coming from Spotify itself.
WebNowPlaying does not modify the cover.
In 2.0.0 it's getting information about desktop players (like Spotify) from Windows.
It will show the same cover image on the volume popup on Windows 10.
shoek

Post by shoek »

keifufu wrote: May 16th, 2023, 2:58 am WebNowPlaying does not modify the cover.
In 2.0.0 it's getting information about desktop players (like Spotify) from Windows.
It will show the same cover image on the volume popup on Windows 10.
I think it has something to do with the default image... like the art is being overlaid on that
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

shoek wrote: May 16th, 2023, 3:07 am I think it has something to do with the default image... like the art is being overlaid on that
Installed a Windows 10 VM to confirm this, it's not WebNowPlaying adding it to the cover.
Since this isn't happening on Windows 11 it's probably Windows 10, nothing I can do about it :(
xenium

Post by xenium »

keifufu wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:34 pm Haven't seen it do that before.
What version of windows are you on?
Perhaps it's caused by a Spotify setting/modification?

Can't replicate on Windows 11 with the latest Spotify version.
I use windows 10 ver 22H2.
Initially, I only noticed this behavior with my player skin, not the Example skin, and I didn't understand why.
But when I changed the background color of the Example skin (white color hides the logo), the Spotify logo is also shown here.
This behavior is present both with spicetify installed and spicetify uninstalled
Last edited by xenium on May 16th, 2023, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

xenium wrote: May 16th, 2023, 5:48 am I use windows 10 ver 22H2.
Initially, I only noticed this behavior with my player skin, not the Example skin, and I didn't understand why.
But when I changed the background color of the Example skin (white color hides the logo), the Spotify logo is also shown here.
This behavior is present both with spicetify installed and spicetify uninstalled
Welp, seems Spotify adds that logo on Windows 10 only. Nothing I can do about it :/
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

Considering pre-processing images before saving them to disk to make them 1:1 and remove black borders and whatnot, but while that might improve some images, it might f- up others.
xenium

Post by xenium »

keifufu wrote: May 16th, 2023, 6:05 am Welp, seems Spotify adds that logo on Windows 10 only. Nothing I can do about it :/
I installed the previous version of the plugin (1.2.0) and everything works fine now.
The Spotify logo is no longer displayed.
The question is why everything works fine with version 1.2.0 and only with version 2.0.0 is that logo displayed?
keifufu

Post by keifufu »

xenium wrote: May 16th, 2023, 6:52 am I installed the previous version of the plugin (1.2.0) and everything works fine now.
The Spotify logo is no longer displayed.
The question is why everything works fine with version 1.2.0 and only with version 2.0.0 is that logo displayed?
1.2.0 can only read from Spotify with Spicetify installed.
In 2.0.0 I switched to using Windows' system media controls API. This allows WebNowPlaying to to pick up any player that reports info to windows, not just Spotify.

Like I said, the issue with there being a Spotify logo under the cover image is due to Spotify adding it, on windows 10 specifically, before handing that cover to Windows. You can see this by changing volume to bring up the Windows volume popup where all media being reported to windows is displayed.
xenium

Post by xenium »

keifufu wrote: May 16th, 2023, 6:57 am 1.2.0 can only read from Spotify with Spicetify installed.
In 2.0.0 I switched to using Windows' system media controls API. This allows WebNowPlaying to to pick up any player that reports info to windows, not just Spotify.

Like I said, the issue with there being a Spotify logo under the cover image is due to Spotify adding it, on windows 10 specifically, before handing that cover to Windows. You can see this by changing volume to bring up the Windows volume popup where all media being reported to windows is displayed.
Thanks for the explanations.
So, those who use Windows 10 and do not want the Spotify logo to be displayed under the cover image, must use version 1.2.0 of the WebNowPlaying plugin with Spicetify installed.