It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:21 am

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
mhashir

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by mhashir »

weather widget is not working it is showing dot instead of widget for Mond theme

please see the attachment can you provide the full code

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
Author=- HipHopium-
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[Variables]
@include=#@#Variables.inc
@include2=#@#Language\#Language#.inc

;-------------------------------------------------------------

[StyleWeather]
StringAlign=Center
FontColor=#FontColor#
FontFace=#FontFace#
AntiAlias=1

[MeasureWeather]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Unit#&dayf=1
RegExp="(?siU).*<cc>.*<tmp>(.*)</tmp>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>"
UpdateRate=1800

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=1

[MeasureWeatherIcon]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=3

[WeatherIcon]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherIcon
ImagePath=#@#WeatherIcons
X=0
Y=0
W=100
H=100
AntiAlias=1
ImageTint=#FontColor#

[WeatherTemp]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
MeterStyle=StyleWeather
FontSize=12
X=105
Y=45
W=50
H=50
Text=%1°
AntiAlias=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SilverAzide on April 10th, 2023, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mhashir wrote: April 10th, 2023, 10:54 am weather widget is not working it is showing dot instead of widget for Mond theme
please see the attachment can you provide the full code
This has been discussed already. I doubt anyone will provide the full code you ask because we either don't use the same skin or we don't do skin requests, especially since it's normally the job of the original skin developer to maintain it.

That being said, it seems that someone thought of doing what you wanted for this particular skin, see the rewritten version of Mond. Hope that helps! ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
mhashir

Post by mhashir »

Thanks chuti
Lord Vegan

Post by Lord Vegan »

If it has not been answered. I had the same issue with a yahoo.com based weather skin. The following skin works very well.

https://www.deviantart.com/xenium-art/art/Weather-Station-HD-UPDATED-10-DEC-2022-777522208

It is weather.com based.

The older version does not work, but this was updated in December.
SnowyNights

Post by SnowyNights »

I'm a bit new to this site, but I wanted to chime in to ask for some assistance if possible! I've been using the skin JDWS-04 for quite awhile with no issues but recently noticed the weather skin has stopped displaying any information.

I've checked the log file to see what the problem is and I'm being met with a RegExp Matching Error(-1) and it's saying all of my time formats are invalid, I've linked the skin below also, I'd greatly appreciate any assistance on how to fix this since I quite like how simplistic this weather skin is.

https://github.com/adriaanjelle/JDWS-04
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SnowyNights wrote: August 9th, 2023, 6:52 pm I'm a bit new to this site, but I wanted to chime in to ask for some assistance if possible! I've been using the skin JDWS-04 for quite awhile with no issues but recently noticed the weather skin has stopped displaying any information.

I've checked the log file to see what the problem is and I'm being met with a RegExp Matching Error(-1) and it's saying all of my time formats are invalid, I've linked the skin below also, I'd greatly appreciate any assistance on how to fix this since I quite like how simplistic this weather skin is.

https://github.com/adriaanjelle/JDWS-04
Looks like they either changed some minor things in the output of the Nominatim site that's used to identify the location, or the regular expression pattern used in the skin to get data from that site was not entirely accounting for space characters when parsing the data. So, edit the ...\JDWS-04\@Resources\WeatherParser.inc file and replace the RegExp line from the [mLocationParent] measure to something like:

RegExp=(?siU)"features":\[\{"type":"Feature","properties":\{"geocoding":\{.*,"label":"(.*)",.*,"admin":\{.*?"level\d+":"(.*)"\}\}\},"geometry":\{"type": "Point","coordinates": \[(.*), (.*)\]\}\}\]
Save the file, right click your skin, choose to refresh it, and it should work.

P.S. The RegExp above is not perfect (it's up to the author to do it, I was only interested in the solution to this), but hopefully it will work long enough.
SnowyNights

Post by SnowyNights »

Yincognito wrote: August 9th, 2023, 7:54 pm Looks like they either changed some minor things in the output of the Nominatim site that's used to identify the location, or the regular expression pattern used in the skin to get data from that site was not entirely accounting for space characters when parsing the data. So, edit the ...\JDWS-04\@Resources\WeatherParser.inc file and replace the RegExp line from the [mLocationParent] measure to something like:

RegExp=(?siU)"features":\[\{"type":"Feature","properties":\{"geocoding":\{.*,"label":"(.*)",.*,"admin":\{.*?"level\d+":"(.*)"\}\}\},"geometry":\{"type": "Point","coordinates": \[(.*), (.*)\]\}\}\]
Save the file, right click your skin, choose to refresh it, and it should work.

P.S. The RegExp above is not perfect (it's up to the author to do it, I was only interested in the solution to this), but hopefully it will work long enough.
Thank you so much for this, it pretty much fixed the issue right away! I really appreciate the help also, very kind of you to do so. :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SnowyNights wrote: August 9th, 2023, 7:58 pm Thank you so much for this, it pretty much fixed the issue right away! I really appreciate the help also, very kind of you to do so. :thumbup:
No problem - always glad to help. ;-)
Thormaster

Post by Thormaster »

Hello!!
Anybody having problems with Sienna 2.0? Stopped working 2 days ago and can't seem to find out why.
Thanks in advance!!

P.S.: JDWS-04 by the same creator not working either!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Thormaster wrote: August 10th, 2023, 9:23 pm Hello!!
Anybody having problems with Sienna 2.0? Stopped working 2 days ago and can't seem to find out why.
Thanks in advance!!

P.S.: JDWS-04 by the same creator not working either!
The answer for JDWS-04 is above. Maybe the approach will work for Sienna too, considering they might have the same skin structure since they're from the same author...