It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:49 pm

Help | Resizable Skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help | Resizable Skin

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: January 12th, 2023, 10:15 pm Thank you Balala, the new update is available here.
There is a difference between this and the previous version. Not a problem, just noticed it. If a gauge is refreshed, the appropriate Sensor list is activating now, but in the previous version of your skin the list has been even deactivated. Is there any reason you made this modification? Again, it's not a problem, obviously you do it as you want, but as said, noticed this difference (and had to ask).
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Yah I decided
balala wrote: January 13th, 2023, 6:50 pm
There is a difference between this and the previous version. Not a problem, just noticed it. If a gauge is refreshed, the appropriate Sensor list is activating now, but in the previous version of your skin the list has been even deactivated. Is there any reason you made this modification? Again, it's not a problem, obviously you do it as you want, but as said, noticed this difference (and had to ask).
Yah I decided to leave the ConfigActive=1 instead of 0 so when you change the gauge's color the list wouldn't close every time you choose a color, since the list closes every time the gauge is refreshed. Now the list will open every time the gauge is refreshed lol. It was a problem when the list didn't follow the gauge appropriately, but now that it works as intended I see no problem there. I think the only downside is that you will have to close the list every time you restart the pc.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: January 14th, 2023, 1:44 am Yah I decided to leave the ConfigActive=1 instead of 0 so when you change the gauge's color the list wouldn't close every time you choose a color, since the list closes every time the gauge is refreshed. Now the list will open every time the gauge is refreshed lol. It was a problem when the list didn't follow the gauge appropriately, but now that it works as intended I see no problem there. I think the only downside is that you will have to close the list every time you restart the pc.
Alright, as you want, it's obviously up to you.
There is another thing I'd suggest, namely to increase a little bit the Update of skins. Update=20 is an extremely low value, it's close to the lowest possible value of this option (the lowest possible value being Update=16). I think a compromise would be a good idea. For instance Update=80 or maybe even Update=100 would do the job just as well, but would load the computer much less. And the Update below the default value is needed only when you drag the skin, which supposedly is not done all the time, just from time to time. This way you could save some resources, even if on modern computers this might not too heavy impact. But should be taken into account in any case.