It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:47 am

Help | Resizable Skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RicardoTM

Re: Help | Resizable Skin

Post by RicardoTM »

balala wrote: January 9th, 2023, 7:01 pm It seems to be easy to follow, if by "tutorial" you mean your own description in the skin itself. The linked description on Rainmeter's help is not your work, I assume, but both are alright.
Yah I meant my own skin that explains what to do.
balala wrote: January 9th, 2023, 7:01 pm When I click Continue in the Welcome.ini skin, I get a !ActivateConfig: Invalid parameters (RTMSkin\Settings\Welcome.ini) error message in the log, cause by a mistakenly specified file. Namely I'm talking about the file specified into the GeneralSettings variable (GeneralSettings=GeneralSettings.ini) in the [Variables] section of @Resources\Configs.ini included file. A GeneralSettings.ini file doesn't exist nor in the Settings folder, nor anywhere else under the root config. Don't know what skin did you want to activate, but check and fix it please, to avoid the error message.
Yes I fixed that one this morning, I forgot to delete a variable I used for testing purposes.
balala wrote: January 9th, 2023, 7:01 pm Even if this doesn't cause another message in log, the !DeactivateConfig bang doesn't require two parameters. The name of the config is perfectly enough in this case, because Rainmeter knows extremely well which skin of the specified config is activated and deactivates that one (or gives another error in the log, if no skin is activated). Here is a great difference between the !ActivateConfig and the !DeactivateConfig bangs, many times ignored by many authors. !ActivateBang requires two parameters, the name of the config and the name of the skin within the specified config, which has to be activated (however note that even !ActivateConfig can work with only a name of a config). !DeactivateConfig on the other hand requires onyl a name of a config (so one single parameter), however even if added a second parameter (name of a skin in this case), there are no error messages in the log, because Rainmeter simply ignores the not-needed parameters. But strictly speaking, the !DeactivateConfig bang doesn't require the name of the skin. You did add this extra and not-needed parameter in the first bang of the LeftMouseUpAction option of [SettingsCloser] meter. Suggest you to remove it.
Ohh yah that makes sense, if you deactivate the config it will deactivate it no matter what variant is active, if you activate a config you can choose what variant to load. Thank you very much Balala.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: January 9th, 2023, 7:19 pm Yah I meant my own skin that explains what to do.

Yes I fixed that one this morning, I forgot to delete a variable I used for testing purposes.

Ohh yah that makes sense, if you deactivate the config it will deactivate it no matter what variant is active, if you activate a config you can choose what variant to load. Thank you very much Balala.
Alright. I there anything else we (I?) can help you with furtherly?
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

balala wrote: January 9th, 2023, 9:22 pm Alright. I there anything else we (I?) can help you with furtherly?
Not really, I think it is almost finished now, thank you! I'll publish the final release when it's done.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: January 9th, 2023, 9:59 pm I'll publish the final release when it's done.
Alright. I'm gonna give a try to it, when you publish it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

balala wrote: January 10th, 2023, 4:50 pm Alright. I'm gonna give a try to it, when you publish it.
Ok, I found it in meantime.
And found a small mistake in all codes, but these seem not to cause trouble, even if I'd say they should. However I still recommend you to fix them. There is missing a space between the first two parameters of the !SetWindowPosition bangs of all OnChangeAction options of all [PositionFollower] measures in all Gauges. This is how you have these options: OnChangeAction=[!SetWindowPosition "(#CURRENTCONFIGX#+#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#/2)""(#CURRENTCONFIGY#+#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#)" "#ListAnchorX#%" "#ListAnchorY#%" "#ListConfig#"]. I marked red the quotes which are missing the space. Those quotes should have a space between them. But surprisingly, the options are working even so (even if I'm not sure why they do).
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

balala wrote: January 10th, 2023, 6:40 pm
Ok, I found it in meantime.
And found a small mistake in all codes, but these seem not to cause trouble, even if I'd say they should. However I still recommend you to fix them. There is missing a space between the first two parameters of the !SetWindowPosition bangs of all OnChangeAction options of all [PositionFollower] measures in all Gauges. This is how you have these options: OnChangeAction=[!SetWindowPosition "(#CURRENTCONFIGX#+#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#/2)""(#CURRENTCONFIGY#+#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#)" "#ListAnchorX#%" "#ListAnchorY#%" "#ListConfig#"]. I marked red the quotes which are missing the space. Those quotes should have a space between them. But surprisingly, the options are working even so (even if I'm not sure why they do).
Hey balala, alright, noted thank you. I'll fix it for the next update, I'm working on a colorable variant for now. I'm also trying to find a way to make the list stay following the gauge even when it's refreshed, I noted that if I close the list, then move the gauge to another position, then refresh it and then open the list, the list will stay where it was before instead of where the gauge is.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: January 12th, 2023, 3:06 am I'm also trying to find a way to make the list stay following the gauge even when it's refreshed, I noted that if I close the list, then move the gauge to another position, then refresh it and then open the list, the list will stay where it was before instead of where the gauge is.
Try adding the following bang to the IfTrueAction option of the [MeasureFullSensorList] measure: [!SetWindowPosition "(#CURRENTCONFIGX#+#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#/2)" "(#CURRENTCONFIGY#+#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#)" "#ListAnchorX#%" "#ListAnchorY#%" "#ListConfig#"], besides the existing !EnableMeasure bang. If you do this, don't forget to add a DynamicVariables=1 option as well to the same measure (without this the option doesn't properly work).
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

balala wrote: January 12th, 2023, 6:51 pm Try adding the following bang to the IfTrueAction option of the [MeasureFullSensorList] measure: [!SetWindowPosition "(#CURRENTCONFIGX#+#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#/2)" "(#CURRENTCONFIGY#+#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#)" "#ListAnchorX#%" "#ListAnchorY#%" "#ListConfig#"], besides the existing !EnableMeasure bang. If you do this, don't forget to add a DynamicVariables=1 option as well to the same measure (without this the option doesn't properly work).
Thank you for the answer Balala, that made the trick! Thank you! The new update is almost ready, I hope to publish it tonight. Do you have any recommendation for making updates? I was thinking if there is a way to package it so when people install it, it doesn't mess with their variable configuration (their index values and stuff).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: January 12th, 2023, 7:16 pm Do you have any recommendation for making updates? I was thinking if there is a way to package it so when people install it, it doesn't mess with their variable configuration (their index values and stuff).
See the Variables files feature in the Step 3: Advanced section of the Skin Packager.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

balala wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:54 pm See the Variables files feature in the Step 3: Advanced section of the Skin Packager.
Thank you Balala, the new update is available here.

Greetings.