It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:30 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
AtmaDarkwolf

Re: Gadgets 7.3.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Hi once more, again with another issue, pretty sure its gadget issue since it only happens with clipboard meter(and does not happen with the old, but broken moden gadgets clipboard) - now it always resets position to 'on top' even after I change it to desktop (next refresh, it will be on top) in all settings (both it and rainmeter setting ini) it shows as 'AlwaysOnTop=0'

All other gadgets (even from other suites) work properly, and even if I change values (IE set diff positions) they save said settings and will load as expected, but the cliboard one does not want to remember what I set it as and keeps resetting.

Can anyone tell me where else to check what setting is overriding the two ways I know to change it(or 3 if you count the main rainmeter interface window)?

Edit: .. well nvm, I went and downloaded the clipboard meter again and installed, and am pretty sure I already had this version but maybe not? it seems (for now) to have fixed it so please ignore.
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: July 13th, 2022, 2:51 pm Hi once more, again with another issue, pretty sure its gadget issue since it only happens with clipboard meter(and does not happen with the old, but broken moden gadgets clipboard) - now it always resets position to 'on top' even after I change it to desktop (next refresh, it will be on top) in all settings (both it and rainmeter setting ini) it shows as 'AlwaysOnTop=0'

All other gadgets (even from other suites) work properly, and even if I change values (IE set diff positions) they save said settings and will load as expected, but the cliboard one does not want to remember what I set it as and keeps resetting.

Can anyone tell me where else to check what setting is overriding the two ways I know to change it(or 3 if you count the main rainmeter interface window)?

Edit: .. well nvm, I went and downloaded the clipboard meter again and installed, and am pretty sure I already had this version but maybe not? it seems (for now) to have fixed it so please ignore.
If your problem is not solved;
open the ClipboardMeter.ini file and delete the TopMostPos part in the OnRefreshAction line in the Rainmeter section and replace;

Code: Select all

OnRefreshAction=[!ZPos #TopMostPos#]
Position: -2 for On desktop, -1 for Bottom, 0 for Normal, 1 for On top, or 2 for Always on top.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

tass_co wrote: July 13th, 2022, 3:19 pm If your problem is not solved;
open the ClipboardMeter.ini file and delete the TopMostPos part in the OnRefreshAction line in the Rainmeter section and replace;

OnRefreshAction=[!ZPos #TopMostPos#]
Position: -2 for On desktop, -1 for Bottom, 0 for Normal, 1 for On top, or 2 for Always on top.
Actually, don't edit the skin. It is not necessary to do this.
AtmaDarkwolf wrote: July 13th, 2022, 2:51 pm Can anyone tell me where else to check what setting is overriding the two ways I know to change it(or 3 if you count the main rainmeter interface window)?
Sure... If you hover over the title ("Clipboard Meter"), a tooltip will pop up. Clicking the title will toggle the window Z position. A little "TM" symbol will be shown to indicate when the skin is set to "topmost".
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
adni18

Post by adni18 »

You have done great job! :thumbup:
I wish all these skins (gadgets) where resizable, in some HD (2560x1440) and 4K (3840x2160) monitors is impossible to read the information's...
Again, congratulations for your work!
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

adni18 wrote: July 14th, 2022, 6:37 am You have done great job! :thumbup:
I wish all these skins (gadgets) where resizable, in some HD (2560x1440) and 4K (3840x2160) monitors is impossible to read the information's...
I resized mine. Just click the settings icon (top right corner when mouse-over each meter) and there is a 'size' option(default is 1, u can adjust it to 1.5, 2, etc) - try values till they fit your monitor and are easily read.
adni18

Post by adni18 »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: July 14th, 2022, 8:52 am adni18 wrote: ↑Today, 9:37 am
You have done great job!
I resized mine. Just click the settings icon (top right corner when mouse-over each meter) and there is a 'size' option(default is 1, u can adjust it to 1.5, 2, etc) - try values till they fit your monitor and are easily read.
Oh, I didn't noticed, thank you for the info! :thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

adni18 wrote: July 14th, 2022, 9:03 am Oh, I didn't noticed, thank you for the info! :thumbup:
Yes, there's a Settings skin for every Gadget that will let you control numerous options. Glad you like the Gadgets, enjoy! :great:
dotm9168

Post by dotm9168 »

Having a problem with the ram and swap values not being read on CPU Meter. It seems to be working for Top RAM Meter. Those values also work with other skins.

Another problem is the Weather Meter not changing the unit for measurements based on Windows Regional Settings.

The other Meters are working normally.

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

dotm9168 wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 11:18 pm Having a problem with the ram and swap values not being read on CPU Meter. It seems to be working for Top RAM Meter. Those values also work with other skins.

Another problem is the Weather Meter not changing the unit for measurements based on Windows Regional Settings.
For the CPU Meter, there could be a number of problems that could result in no RAM values. You could try the instructions here to rule out any problems with your Performance Counter database. Another option is to force the CPU Meter to use the "old style" of reading the memory values. To do that, open the Gadgets\@Resources\CpuVariables.inc file and change the UseLegacyRAMOverride variable from 0 to 1 (UseLegacyRAMOverride=1). Refresh the skin after saving your changes.

For the Weather Meter, right-click the skin and select Custom skin actions, then select a language that uses the temperature values you want (English (US) for F, and English (CA) for for C, for example). If that works, then try the Automatic setting to see if that works too. If it does not, it is possible that some locales aren't being handled properly (the skin only handles locales supported by weather.com). Let me know your locale name and I can try it myself. You can find your locale name using the DOS command reg query "HKCU\Control Panel\International" /v "LocaleName"
dotm9168

Post by dotm9168 »

SilverAzide wrote: July 24th, 2022, 2:51 pm For the CPU Meter, there could be a number of problems that could result in no RAM values. You could try the instructions here to rule out any problems with your Performance Counter database. Another option is to force the CPU Meter to use the "old style" of reading the memory values. To do that, open the Gadgets\@Resources\CpuVariables.inc file and change the UseLegacyRAMOverride variable from 0 to 1 (UseLegacyRAMOverride=1). Refresh the skin after saving your changes.

For the Weather Meter, right-click the skin and select Custom skin actions, then select a language that uses the temperature values you want (English (US) for F, and English (CA) for for C, for example). If that works, then try the Automatic setting to see if that works too. If it does not, it is possible that some locales aren't being handled properly (the skin only handles locales supported by weather.com). Let me know your locale name and I can try it myself. You can find your locale name using the DOS command reg query "HKCU\Control Panel\International" /v "LocaleName"
Using UseLegacyRAMOverride and the custom skin actions method worked. Thank you very much. :thumbup:

For the Pagefile values, I edited the .inc in the CPU Meter folder to use the measurement of Swapmemory.

[MeasurePageTotal]
Measure=SwapMemory
Total=1
Disabled=#HidePage#

; NOTE: Rainmeter does not correctly report the amount of swap memory free; thus any calculations
;       using that value, such as calculating the amount of swap memory used, will be incorrect.
;       This measure uses UsageMonitor to return the percentage of swap memory used.
;
[MeasurePagePercentUsage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=UsageMonitor
Category="Paging File"
Counter="% Usage"
Name=_Total
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100
Disabled=#HidePage#

[CalcPageTotal]
Measure=Calc
; NOTE:  The CalcInstalledRamTotal and MeasureLegacyRamTotal values will either both be zero or
;        just one of them zero; they will never both be >0 at the same time.
Formula=MeasurePageTotal
IfCondition=1
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable TextPageTotal [&LuaScript:FormatNumber([&CalcPageTotal],2,'1k')]]
OnChangeAction=[!SetVariable TextPageTotal [&LuaScript:FormatNumber([&CalcPageTotal],2,'1k')]]
Disabled=#HidePage#

[CalcPageUsed]
Measure=SwapMemory
IfCondition=1
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable TextPageUsed [&LuaScript:FormatNumber([&CalcPageUsed],4,'1k')]]
OnChangeAction=[!SetVariable TextPageUsed [&LuaScript:FormatNumber([&CalcPageUsed],4,'1k')]]
Disabled=#HidePage#

[CalcPageFree]
Measure=SwapMemory
InvertMeasure=1
IfCondition=1
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable TextPageFree [&LuaScript:FormatNumber([&CalcPageFree],4,'1k')]]
OnChangeAction=[!SetVariable TextPageFree [&LuaScript:FormatNumber([&CalcPageFree],4,'1k')]]
Disabled=#HidePage#

[CalcPagePercentUsage]
Measure=SwapMemory
Percentual=1
Disabled=#HidePage#
Let me know your locale name and I can try it myself. You can find your locale name using the DOS command reg query "HKCU\Control Panel\International" /v "LocaleName"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International
    LocaleName    REG_SZ    en-MY