It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:33 am

Raintoaster

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
deflore08

Re: Raintoaster

Post by deflore08 »

death.crafter wrote: October 14th, 2021, 5:34 am Yup that's what happens with others. I hope Microsoft fixes this shit in next win 10 updates. In windows 11 it works fine so I guess I'll leave it be.

And thanks for testing. Curse those gremlins :rolmfao:
Seems i must switch to win11! :)

..Curse on them! I gonna call GhostBusters. :))
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

deflore08 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 6:59 amSeems i must switch to win11! :)
Am I really going to be the last one to move to Win 11? :D
Don't worry, I was the last to move to Windows 10 as well... :rofl:
death.crafter wrote: October 1st, 2021, 7:38 pmHere is a nice little add-on that sends toast notifications from your skin.
If this is what I think it is, I'm going to be a fan of it (when I'll switch to Win 11, that is)... 8-)
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Yincognito wrote: February 20th, 2022, 4:11 am I'm going to be a fan of it (when I'll switch to Win 11, that is)... 8-)
You aren't already?
*dies
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: February 20th, 2022, 5:55 am You aren't already?
*dies
Of course I am (been wanting this for a while, but it wasn't a priority), I just don't have the chance to test it properly in Win10, it seems. :D
Though I'd prefer this to be a lil' plugin or something, with a bang like [!ToastMessage "..." "..." "..."] or something like that... I'm not fond of having an .exe around in my skins, but that's just me. ;-)
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Yincognito wrote: February 20th, 2022, 12:40 pm Of course I am (been wanting this for a while, but it wasn't a priority), I just don't have the chance to test it properly in Win10, it seems. :D
Though I'd prefer this to be a lil' plugin or something, with a bang like [!ToastMessage "..." "..." "..."] or something like that... I'm not fond of having an .exe around in my skins, but that's just me. ;-)
I hope I didn't make this up. I think I saw that someone managed to show the toasts simply using RunCommand but I cannot find where I've seen it. Maybe I am confusing something.

If you don't like exe then maybe you would like ps1: In case you change your mind and would like exe again:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: February 20th, 2022, 8:57 pm I hope I didn't make this up. I think I saw that someone managed to show the toasts simply using RunCommand but I cannot find where I've seen it. Maybe I am confusing something.

If you don't like exe then maybe you would like ps1: In case you change your mind and would like exe again:
Oh, nice! :thumbup:
Thanks for providing so many sources, you're a golden mine. 8-) I'll keep those methods in mind when I'll eventually get to use the toast notifications. In order to do that, I must first adjust my feeds skin to order the feeds by date or keep track of the most recent ones, so I can use toast notifications to show whatever fresh news appear (I already have a Chrome extension doing just that but it spams them like crazy on Chrome start if they are adding up - not sure if it's related to the Win10 bug death.crafter is talking about). The skin adjustment is much more complex than using toast notifications, so I kept postponing that task for a while, LOL. And yeah, I know an old Lua script (by Kaelri, if I'm not mistaken) does just that, but you know, I want to do it on my own in native Rainmeter, when I find my "mood" for it. :D
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

Yincognito wrote: February 20th, 2022, 4:11 am Am I really going to be the last one to move to Win 11? :D
Don't worry, I was the last to move to Windows 10 as well... :rofl:

If this is what I think it is, I'm going to be a fan of it (when I'll switch to Win 11, that is)... 8-)
Since i switched to win11 i dream to get back my 10. :(
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

deflore08 wrote: February 22nd, 2022, 8:41 am Since i switched to win11 i dream to get back my 10. :(
Really? Is it that bad? :???: