eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

S I G M A Suite

Post by eclectic-tech »

S I G M A Suite
sigma309.png
S I G M A Suite_2.2022.03.16.rmskin
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 286 times
Latest version: V2.2023.01.28 Added MediaPlayer (GrooveMusic, etc.)
Added option to disable Chameleon colors; uses black & white colored text (reverts to Chameleon colors with new wallpaper)
Get the latest version: DA Link

Skins:
  • Sigma Bar
  • Floating Docks Horizontal & Vertical (Replace Sigmabar links while active)
  • Weather Details (Today & Tomorrow)
  • Left & Right Collapsing Sidebars
  • Notes List (Up to 16 items)
  • Media Player (NowPlaying & WebNowPlaying)
  • CPU (All with 1, 4, 8, or 16 core lines & Top Process Tooltip)
  • Net (Current Up/Dn and Cumulative Tooltip, Reset Stats)
  • Analogue Clock (Sweep seconds hand c/o JSMorley)
  • Small, Medium, & Large Analog Clocks with Time, Date, & Uptime Tooltip
  • Digital Clock (3 variants)
  • MultiFeed Reader (8 feeds)
  • Rainmeter Forum RSS
  • Rainmeter Forum RSS Marquee (Modified scroll code by Yincognito)
  • BBC International News RSS
  • BBC International News RSS Marquee
  • Marquee Template
  • Reader Template
  • Motivational Quotes
  • Pithy Quotes (based on JSMorley 's work)
  • Sigma Logo
  • Settings
  • Virtual Desktop Controls (requires AutoHotKey)
  • Manual or Automatic Wallpaper Syncing (creates a copy of your current desktop for use in skins on demand or automatically)
Sigma Bar:
  • Clock (with Multiple Formats)
  • Date (with Multiple Formats)
  • Weather (Fahrenheit, Celsius, Hybrid)
  • Media (NowPlaying, WebNowPlaying, MediaPlayer)
  • Search (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo)
and Links to:
  • Documents
  • Downloads
  • Pictures
  • Music
  • Videos
  • This PC
  • Internet
  • and All Your Apps
NOTE: This suite requires you to have ImageMagick installed (a separate program). The MagickMeter plugin is included.
Credits and software links to are at the bottom of this post.
sigma18.png
A while ago, I posted an alternate blur method versus the Frosted Glass plugin blur which can cause lag on some systems.

Today I am posting a suite based on the MagickMeter plugin by Khanhas that can blur backgrounds on skins and individual meters, and also add effects such as shadows and transparent text. You need to follow the instructions on his page to install ImageMagick.

Two major reasons for using the MagickMeter plugin instead of the Frosted Glass plugin (besides the lag issue) are the ability to control the amount of blur (called 'sigma'). Secondly this also lets you create text that has the desktop visible through it.
You can see these completely transparent letters used in several skins: Sigma Logo and the Quote skins.
sigma19.png
When the skin detects a change in the accent color, it will activate the automatic refresh of all loaded Sigma skins.

Note: There is a delays built into the re-sync skins; currently it is 8 seconds.

If you experience any issues please post a comment in this thread. Thanks and Enjoy!

History
V2.2022.03.13 Automatically syncs to new wallpaper | Removed scripts | added aspect setting
V1.2022.03.09 Added: PlayBall font and sidebar media controls
V1.2022.01.28 Optimized background update rate for >90% reduction in CPU load | Added HWiNFO to right sidebar
V1.2022.01.23 Added: APIKey Retrieval | Sidebars Always visible Toggle | Notes Style Unified
sigma0.png
Credits:
MagickMeter plugin by Khanhas1
Chameleon plugin by Socks the Fox1
SysColor plugin by Brian1
WebNowPlaying by tjhrulz1
MediaPlayer plugin by i20021
Sweep-seconds clock by JSMorley1
Pithy Quotes by JSMorley & Smurfier1
ImageMagick for Windows2

1. Included in skin package
2. Programs which need to be installed separately. Besides, they are handy utilities to have in your Rainmeter toolkit. :thumbup:
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: S I G M A Suite

Post by death.crafter »

So... How may we be of help?
:rofl: :rolmfao:
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

death.crafter wrote: November 13th, 2021, 7:06 pm But, I would just grab the wallpaper path and use that...

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/find-current-wallpaper-file-path-windows-10/#registry
That is a transcoded image which I have never been able to use :confused:

Will that image reflect the aspects applied to wallpapers by end user; Fit, Fill, Tile, etc.?

If there is a better way to get a n exact copy of the desktop, I'm interested in ideas.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 13th, 2021, 7:13 pm That is a transcoded image which I have never been able to use :confused:

Will that image reflect the aspects applied to wallpapers by end user; Fit, Fill, Tile, etc.?

If there is a better way to get a n exact copy of the desktop, I'm interested in ideas.
Transcoded images are usually resized by windows to fit your desktop. Also there are other ways like themes folder and stuff. My idea is trying then all before getting to extremities.

For example:
Split-Path (Get-ItemProperty -Path 'HKCU:\Control Panel\Desktop' -Name Wallpaper).Wallpaper -Leaf

Grabbed from: https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerShell/comments/2iftae/how_do_i_get_file_name_of_the_current_wallpapers/
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Maybe I am missing something and sorry if I do, but shouldn't this post go to Suites section of Share Your Creations?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

death.crafter wrote: November 13th, 2021, 7:17 pm Transcoded images are usually resized by windows to fit your desktop. Also there are other ways like themes folder and stuff. My idea is trying then all before getting to extremities.

For example:
Split-Path (Get-ItemProperty -Path 'HKCU:\Control Panel\Desktop' -Name Wallpaper).Wallpaper -Leaf

Grabbed from: https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerShell/comments/2iftae/how_do_i_get_file_name_of_the_current_wallpapers/
Eclectic-Tech is right, that image path stored in the registry is just the path to the original file, so it is useless. ET is looking to get the wallpaper image after it is cropped/filled/tweaked by Windows.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: November 13th, 2021, 7:28 pm Maybe I am missing something and sorry if I do, but shouldn't this post go to Suites section of Share Your Creations?
It will eventually... I wanted to throw it here and let you guys beat it up and try to break it or make it better. :D
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 13th, 2021, 8:10 pm It will eventually... I wanted to throw it here and let you guys beat it up and try to break it or make it better. :D
Somebody's making moves! ;-)

Okay, I initially starting this in the 'Help' section with the thought of letting people try it out and see how it worked on different setups...
but after adding all the info, you are right, it should be here in 'Share'.

So give it a try and let me know if there ae any issues. I tried to make it as user friendly as possible.

The thing that I would be interested in is a way to restore all minimized windows after capturing the screen shot. I understand the aversion to having skins send keys, and Nircmd is too bulking for my liking, so if anyone knows how this might be done, it would eliminate the end user from having to undo the minimize all action.

Thanks in advance for any ideas. :welcome:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 13th, 2021, 8:10 pm It will eventually... I wanted to throw it here and let you guys beat it up and try to break it or make it better. :D
Yeah, I see in meantime you (probably) have moved it.