It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:15 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.0.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

djamman wrote: August 24th, 2021, 11:31 pm Yes - thank you so very much. I really appreciate your responsiveness. You may (or may not) want to incorporate this into the original TodayHL, which underlines the day. The original TodayHL will cause the underline to drift lower each week of the month.

Doug
Yes, I'm definitely going to do that! That drifting was driving me nuts. I might also make this "circled date" style one of the built-in themes -- I like it... :)

Circle.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

SilverAzide wrote: August 24th, 2021, 11:39 pm Yes, I'm definitely going to do that! That drifting was driving me nuts. I might also make this "circled date" style one of the built-in themes -- I like it... :)

Circle.png
Idk but the circle really looks out of a place. An usual inverted color highlight would be more likely my choice. Just personal opinion.
from the Realm of Death
djamman

Post by djamman »

death.crafter wrote: August 25th, 2021, 9:04 am Idk but the circle really looks out of a place. An usual inverted color highlight would be more likely my choice. Just personal opinion.
I actually use an ellipse (just barely) and prefer a calmer display. Purely personal taste.

Code: Select all

Shape=Ellipse ([mDay[&CalcMeter]:X]+(#C.w#/2)), ([mDay[&CalcMeter]:Y]+(#C.h#/2)-1),(2+#C.w#/2),(1+#C.h#/2) | Fill Color 0,0,0,0 | Strokewidth (Max(2,#Scale#)) | Stroke Color #ColorFontTitle#
calendar.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

djamman wrote: August 25th, 2021, 12:17 pm I actually use an ellipse (just barely) and prefer a calmer display. Purely personal taste.

Code: Select all

Shape=Ellipse ([mDay[&CalcMeter]:X]+(#C.w#/2)), ([mDay[&CalcMeter]:Y]+(#C.h#/2)-1),(2+#C.w#/2),(1+#C.h#/2) | Fill Color 0,0,0,0 | Strokewidth (Max(2,#Scale#)) | Stroke Color #ColorFontTitle#
Yes, I think I'm gonna make this an option in the next version. I'll have the default "filled square" that is the current appearance, the underline as used by LuaCalendar, the unfilled ellipse per your suggestion, and a similar unfilled square. That ought to keep everyone happy! ...Well, except for that one guy who wants filled circles or stars....
APK17

Post by APK17 »

Do we need to hold off on upgrading to Rainmeter 4.5 final? My CPU meter on a Ryzen 9 5900x has gone quite wonky and the rainmeter log has several CPU Meter errors.

Sorry to be the bearer of potentially crappy news :(
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

APK17 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 12:08 am Do we need to hold off on upgrading to Rainmeter 4.5 final? My CPU meter on a Ryzen 9 5900x has gone quite wonky and the rainmeter log has several CPU Meter errors.

Sorry to be the bearer of potentially crappy news :(
Please post the exact errors you are getting in the log. I'm running 4.5.0 and it is working perfectly. (There's no real difference between 4.5.0 and the last 4.4.0 beta anyway, other than the formal release number.)

P.S. The full log file can be found here: C:\Users\<usename>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.log; I don't need the whole thing, just some of the lines regarding the CPU Meter.
APK17

Post by APK17 »

NOTE (20:15:24.977) Gadgets\All CPU Meter\Node #0\All CPU Meter.ini: Refreshing skin
ERRO (20:15:25.193) Gadgets\All CPU Meter\Node #0\All CPU Meter.ini - [MeasureCPULogicalCoresPerCpu]: ActiveNet.dll: Type=CpuLogicalCores not valid
ERRO (20:15:25.194) Gadgets\All CPU Meter\Node #0\All CPU Meter.ini - [MeasureCPULogicalToPhysicalCoreMap]: ActiveNet.dll: Type=CpuLogicalCoreMap not valid
NOTE (20:15:25.283) Gadgets\All CPU Meter\Node #0\All CPU Meter.ini: HWiNFO detected.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

APK17 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 3:16 am NOTE (20:15:24.977) Gadgets\All CPU Meter\Node #0\All CPU Meter.ini: Refreshing skin
ERRO (20:15:25.193) Gadgets\All CPU Meter\Node #0\All CPU Meter.ini - [MeasureCPULogicalCoresPerCpu]: ActiveNet.dll: Type=CpuLogicalCores not valid
ERRO (20:15:25.194) Gadgets\All CPU Meter\Node #0\All CPU Meter.ini - [MeasureCPULogicalToPhysicalCoreMap]: ActiveNet.dll: Type=CpuLogicalCoreMap not valid
NOTE (20:15:25.283) Gadgets\All CPU Meter\Node #0\All CPU Meter.ini: HWiNFO detected.
Ah, OK! That doesn't have anything to do with the Rainmeter version. It looks like an improperly installed Gadgets suite; for some reason the plugins were not updated. Try re-installing (you should not lose your settings) and to be double-sure all is well, check the options for all the plugins even if the indication is that the versions are the same. Let me know if you still have any issues!
netfuggo

Post by netfuggo »

Very nice new version, 1 only problem, I'm unable to switch from standard/F system to metric/C, how is it possible ?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

netfuggo wrote: August 27th, 2021, 12:27 pm Very nice new version, 1 only problem, I'm unable to switch from standard/F system to metric/C, how is it possible ?
Which gadget are you referring to? The Weather Meter? The CPU Meter?

If you are referring to the Weather Meter, the units of measure are based on your location/language settings. The language/locale should be automatic for most cases, but if not, you can manually select it. The easiest way is to set your language manually. See the first section on this wiki page:

HOW TO: Change the default language or temperature units of the Weather Meter

Select "English (CA)" (Canada) to force English with Celsius temps. All of the available languages on that menu are Celsius except for "English (US)".

If you need additional customization, let me know. That wiki page will have all the details for customizing everything, but it can be a little confusing.