A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
iieeann

Re: Gadgets 6.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by iieeann »

Thanks, got it working.
takayo72

Post by takayo72 »

isnt there has no cpu, chassis fan monitor widget ?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

takayo72 wrote: June 12th, 2021, 12:33 am isnt there has no cpu, chassis fan monitor widget ?
The CPU fan and GPU fan can be monitored, but there is no Gadget that is dedicated to other fans. However, you might be interested in Gadgets Additions, also here and here.

There is a generic HWiNFO skin, HWiNFO Monitor, that will allow you to monitor up to 20 different sensors, and it integrates into the Gadgets suite appearance. You can easily configure this to show any or all chassis fans, or anything else that HWiNFO can see.
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

SilverAzide wrote: June 12th, 2021, 12:42 am The CPU fan and GPU fan can be monitored, but there is no Gadget that is dedicated to other fans. However, you might be interested in Gadgets Additions, also here and here.

There is a generic HWiNFO skin, HWiNFO Monitor, that will allow you to monitor up to 20 different sensors, and it integrates into the Gadgets suite appearance. You can easily configure this to show any or all chassis fans, or anything else that HWiNFO can see.
how can I get the cpu meter to show two charts, for dual CPUs?
iieeann

Post by iieeann »

I am having above 100% CPU utilization reported in CPU meter, what went wrong? i did not alter the measurement string.

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

iieeann wrote: June 13th, 2021, 1:51 pm I am having above 100% CPU utilization reported in CPU meter, what went wrong? i did not alter the measurement string.
Hi! This is normal actually. Check out this article on the wiki: INFO: CPU performance exceeds 100%.

If you prefer the older Windows 7/Rainmeter-style performance monitoring, check the Use Legacy Mode option in the CPU Settings.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

olenbr wrote: June 13th, 2021, 1:12 am how can I get the cpu meter to show two charts, for dual CPUs?
OK, there are a couple issues to consider.

First, both Windows and the CPU Meter monitor logical cores. So Windows doesn't normally "see" two separate sockets, it just sees a bunch of cores all combined together in a single logical CPU. The CPU Meter will show up to 64 logical cores (I have not extended it beyond that [yet?], as the skin gets hard to deal width and super tall).

Second, to alter the existing skin to show dual (or more) sockets is actually rather difficult. I've been trying to do this for a long time, and I really have not gotten very far because it will essentially mean rewriting a lot of the skin logic. My approach (so far) is to create separate CPU Meters in the same manner as the separate GPU Meters, so you'd have a separate CPU Meter for each socket. This means the skin logic needs to switch to monitor physical cores and map them to logical cores (or vice versa); alternatively, a skin that is based entirely on HWiNFO (like the GPU Meters) would make this simpler, but so far I have not tried this approach.

So to answer your exact question, you CAN create two charts for two sockets, but the solution would only work for you. Basically, increase the height of the CPU Meter and tack on a second graph at the bottom. Then, assign/move the Line meters corresponding to the logical CPUs that apply to socket 1 to one graph, and assign the Line meters for the cores corresponding to socket 2 to the other. (So add a graph and re-position some of the existing line meters; it is actually not terribly difficult.) But remember that the skin is still limited to 64 logical cores, so if you have more cores than that you'll need to do a lot more work.

In the back of my mind, someday I would like to have the ability for the CPU Meter to handle multi-socket machines, but so far I have not gotten very far due to the amount of effort involved. Perhaps I'll start on this if there is a lot of interest out there...
APK17

Post by APK17 »

Some how my CPU Meter (AMD Ryzen 9) has started showing 0% utilization on all cores all the time. I'm not sure what I did to bugger it up. Any ideas what I should check or reset?

Thank you

Edit: The chart shows CPU usage.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

APK17 wrote: June 21st, 2021, 11:41 pm Some how my CPU Meter (AMD Ryzen 9) has started showing 0% utilization on all cores all the time. I'm not sure what I did to bugger it up. Any ideas what I should check or reset?

Thank you

Edit: The chart shows CPU usage.
Sounds like a classic case of a corrupted performance counter database. The good news is it's not your fault and you can blame Microsoft... sometimes it just happens. :confused: But the best news is that it's super easy to fix:

HOW TO: Fix your Performance Counters database
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

SilverAzide wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 12:29 am Sounds like a classic case of a corrupted performance counter database. The good news is it's not your fault and you can blame Microsoft... sometimes it just happens. :confused: But the best news is that it's super easy to fix:

HOW TO: Fix your Performance Counters database
hey, could you pls help me, i'm getting stuck on trying to get chart to show correct sensors on the corresponding CPU.

I first duplicated CPU meter and have a 2nd meter, call it ALL CPU METER2.ini. it still loads everything else the same but in that file I replaced all "CPU0" with "CPU1" and then refresh the meter, still no luck, both meter show loads the same on same processor.

in 2nd screenshot I compare HWINFO.inc side by side, the CPU1 and CPU0 values are both the same?

not sure what I am missing here.
Attachments
ini_files.jpg
cpu meters.jpg