It is currently October 19th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Gadgets 5.5.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
prisoner881

Re: Gadgets 5.5.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by prisoner881 »

For some reason the Drives Meter is now displaying 100% utilization on all my drives even though there is no activity. This started a couple of days ago. Any idea as to why? Or what I can do to fix it?
philumax

Post by philumax »

Hello.
Try to reinstall the gadgets. It's the most simple.si it doesn't work, restart. you should know the version of rainmeter AND the version of the gadget used.
See you. :-)
prisoner881

Post by prisoner881 »

philumax wrote: October 14th, 2020, 7:29 pm Hello.
Try to reinstall the gadgets. It's the most simple.si it doesn't work, restart. you should know the version of rainmeter AND the version of the gadget used.
See you. :-)
Reinstalling is the first thing I tried. Didn't work.

Versions:
Rainmeter: 4.3.1.3321
Addgadget: 5.5.1

This is on Windows 10 v2004. If it helps, I noticed this after a series of Windows crashes caused by a game (Subnautica) which apparently has some nasty graphics glitches. Checked all drives for errors and got none so I have no idea what's going on.

I'd like to try completely removing all references to AddGadgets and do a clean install but I don't know where all the various Addgagdet files live. Removing the skins folder doesn't apparently remove everything because, upon re-installing, my customizations (like choosing Fahrenheit instead of Celsius) were preserved.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Try these steps. It sounds like the perfmon database was corrupted.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
SilverAzide

Post by SilverAzide »

prisoner881 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 10:09 pm I'd like to try completely removing all references to AddGadgets and do a clean install but I don't know where all the various Addgagdet files live. Removing the skins folder doesn't apparently remove everything because, upon re-installing, my customizations (like choosing Fahrenheit instead of Celsius) were preserved.
All the Gadgets live under a single folder, following the standard Rainmeter convention. To do a clean delete, just delete the entire C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gadgets folder. Refresh Rainmeter after deleting.

To resolve your issue, follow raiguard's instructions; he is correct, your perfmon database is corrupted. (Note that a corrupted perfmon database will break any Rainmeter skin that uses the UsageMonitor plugin; this isn't just a Gadgets issue.) If you have any additional problems, please don't hesitate to ask on the forum here.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
philumax

Post by philumax »

Hello. :welcome:
good to know, all that!
thank you!
see you.🙂
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

prisoner881 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 10:09 pm Reinstalling is the first thing I tried. Didn't work.
Reinstalling the skins (not just this, any of them) almost never helps.
prisoner881

Post by prisoner881 »

SilverAzide wrote: October 15th, 2020, 2:41 am All the Gadgets live under a single folder, following the standard Rainmeter convention. To do a clean delete, just delete the entire C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gadgets folder. Refresh Rainmeter after deleting.

To resolve your issue, follow raiguard's instructions; he is correct, your perfmon database is corrupted. (Note that a corrupted perfmon database will break any Rainmeter skin that uses the UsageMonitor plugin; this isn't just a Gadgets issue.) If you have any additional problems, please don't hesitate to ask on the forum here.
Followed raiguard's instructions and that did the trick! Thank you both!

While I have your attention, I'd like to offer a suggested enhancement. I recently moved from Intel to AMD. As you know, Intel CPU's report per-core temps, whereas AMD's have a single temp for the whole CPU package. With AMD, I have two choices, both with downsides. Either I forego showing temps entirely or I have a bunch of per-core temps that either don't work (with the default setup) or I edit the config so they all show the same temp (which is needlessly redundant).

Would it be possible to have a single temp displayed for CPU's that don't offer per-core temp sensors? Something that displays by itself, perhaps near the top of the CPU meter? It would clean things up in the CPU monitor display a bit.

Anyway, not a big deal if you can't. I absolutely love Gadgets and can't conceive of not having it. Thank you again for all your efforts!
SilverAzide

Post by SilverAzide »

prisoner881 wrote: October 15th, 2020, 4:54 pm While I have your attention, I'd like to offer a suggested enhancement. I recently moved from Intel to AMD. As you know, Intel CPU's report per-core temps, whereas AMD's have a single temp for the whole CPU package. With AMD, I have two choices, both with downsides. Either I forego showing temps entirely or I have a bunch of per-core temps that either don't work (with the default setup) or I edit the config so they all show the same temp (which is needlessly redundant).

Would it be possible to have a single temp displayed for CPU's that don't offer per-core temp sensors? Something that displays by itself, perhaps near the top of the CPU meter? It would clean things up in the CPU monitor display a bit.

Anyway, not a big deal if you can't. I absolutely love Gadgets and can't conceive of not having it. Thank you again for all your efforts!
Yes, sure, I've gotten that request number of times. I've got it as an issue on my GitHub repo. I'm thinking about adding that as an option to the next version of the Gadgets. It's a little bit of a challenge for me because I don't have a AMD machine to test with, but I think I should be able to come up with something.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

SilverAzide wrote: October 15th, 2020, 8:06 pm Yes, sure, I've gotten that request number of times. I've got it as an issue on my GitHub repo. I'm thinking about adding that as an option to the next version of the Gadgets. It's a little bit of a challenge for me because I don't have a AMD machine to test with, but I think I should be able to come up with something.
I actually have an AMD machine now, if you want a tester. I switched from Intel to AMD back in March.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017