It is currently June 16th, 2021, 9:52 am

Gadgets 6.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Clavius_HG

Re: Gadgets 6.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Clavius_HG »

SilverAzide wrote: June 1st, 2021, 12:53 pm Oh yes, I didn't notice that. :-( Thanks for letting me know! Maybe someday I'll get all the bugs worked out... (Then again, maybe not... :))

OK, for this one, you'll need to edit the skin. Fortunately, the fix is easy. Right click the skin and select the Edit skin option. At the very top, somewhere in the [Rainmeter] section, add the following line:

Code: Select all

SkinWidth=(#BgWidth# * #Scale#)
That should allow the skin to properly "snap" to the right edge of the screen. The bottom edge of the Weather Meter will still act a little wonky (things may or may not snap to the bottom edge, depending on your settings [the Drives Meter has a similar issue when the scale is <> 1.00]). I'll include this fix in the next release. Let me know if you find anything else!
No worries at all -- that was easy to fix on my end once you told me how! If I happen to find any other issues I will let you know!
iieeann

Post by iieeann »

HWinfo now only allows 12hrs of memory sharing :thumbdown: :thumbdown: , asking people to buy Pro version.
Is there any other alternative beside Hwinfo?
Coretemp could be alternative for CPU, not sure about GPU.

Or, just use old version of hwinfo.
Laptop : Dell Precision 7720, E3-1535M v6, P5000, 8TB SSD. Windows 10.21H1
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

iieeann wrote: June 5th, 2021, 2:13 pm HWinfo now only allows 12hrs of memory sharing :thumbdown: :thumbdown: , asking people to buy Pro version.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=37160
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

iieeann wrote: June 5th, 2021, 2:13 pm HWinfo now only allows 12hrs of memory sharing :thumbdown: :thumbdown: , asking people to buy Pro version.

There's not a good free alternative for the GPU. But you can still use the free version of HWiNFO! Just upgrade to the latest 6.x version of the Gadgets and the latest 7.x HWiNFO. The newest Gadgets version does not use the Shared Memory feature (the HWiNFO author worked with the Rainmeter devs and has provided a work-around that we can use). Detailed setup instructions can be found here. It's a lot simpler than before!

Edit: D'Oh! Ninja'd by JSMorley again! :) That link also has a lot of good info!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
iieeann

Post by iieeann »

Thanks, got it working.
takayo72

Post by takayo72 »

isnt there has no cpu, chassis fan monitor widget ?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

takayo72 wrote: June 12th, 2021, 12:33 am isnt there has no cpu, chassis fan monitor widget ?
The CPU fan and GPU fan can be monitored, but there is no Gadget that is dedicated to other fans. However, you might be interested in Gadgets Additions, also here and here.

There is a generic HWiNFO skin, HWiNFO Monitor, that will allow you to monitor up to 20 different sensors, and it integrates into the Gadgets suite appearance. You can easily configure this to show any or all chassis fans, or anything else that HWiNFO can see.
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

SilverAzide wrote: June 12th, 2021, 12:42 am The CPU fan and GPU fan can be monitored, but there is no Gadget that is dedicated to other fans. However, you might be interested in Gadgets Additions, also here and here.

There is a generic HWiNFO skin, HWiNFO Monitor, that will allow you to monitor up to 20 different sensors, and it integrates into the Gadgets suite appearance. You can easily configure this to show any or all chassis fans, or anything else that HWiNFO can see.
how can I get the cpu meter to show two charts, for dual CPUs?
iieeann

Post by iieeann »

I am having above 100% CPU utilization reported in CPU meter, what went wrong? i did not alter the measurement string.

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

iieeann wrote: June 13th, 2021, 1:51 pm I am having above 100% CPU utilization reported in CPU meter, what went wrong? i did not alter the measurement string.
Hi! This is normal actually. Check out this article on the wiki: INFO: CPU performance exceeds 100%.

If you prefer the older Windows 7/Rainmeter-style performance monitoring, check the Use Legacy Mode option in the CPU Settings.