It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 2:28 pm

Unread Gmail skin hijacked by another Gmail opened in IE

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
poo706

Unread Gmail skin hijacked by another Gmail opened in IE

Post by poo706 »

I have what seems to be the standard skin for reporting the number of my unread emails in Gmail. Webparser reads part of https://#GmailUsername#:#GmailPassword#@mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom. Works great, no problem, except when my girlfriend is logged into her Gmail account on IE9. When she's logged in, the skin reports her number of unread email even though it's using my credentials. Shutting down IE makes no difference, logging out of her Gmail is the only thing that fixes it. As soon as I log her out, the skin goes back to reporting my unread Gmail. Is there anything that I can do, short of forcing IE to log her out and/or delete cookies?

[poo]
smurfier

Re: Unread Gmail skin hijacked by another Gmail opened in IE

Post by smurfier »

Since webparser uses IE, the easiest thing to do would probably be to start using a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome for all your surfing needs.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
poo706

Post by poo706 »

Are there no other ways besides webparser to pull this off?

[poo]
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

WebParser is the only plugin we have to read from the internet.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
poo706

Post by poo706 »

She claims she has no problem logging in every time, so I just found the easiest thing to do is uncheck the "stay signed in" box on the gmail login screen. It stays unchecked by default and my skin doesn't get hijacked, even when she's logged in now. Thanks for the timely replys.

[poo]