It is currently May 7th, 2024, 5:06 am

zipfiles

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
qiziq

zipfiles

Post by qiziq »

I keep having troubles downloading any rainmeter files that are formatted as zipfiles. When I download and extract, all I get are component ping images and such with no functionality and seemingly nowhere in Rainmeter. Please tell me what I am missing!
~Faradey~

Re: zipfiles

Post by ~Faradey~ »

[i][color=#40BF40]from Rainmeter manual[/color][/i] wrote: ...the skins folder will be found in one of these locations:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
Windows Vista and 7: C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins

How to install skins
If you have a skin that was downloaded from he internet, installing it is very similar to creating a new skin. First, if the skin came in an archive (such as ".zip" or ".rar") you will need to extract it. Once the files are extracted, make sure that they are all contained within a single folder. Often, skin makers will havev this folder already in the archive. Otherwise, you will have to make it yourself. Move this folder to your Skins directory (one of the paths show in the section above). If Rainmeter is already running, right-click the icon in the taskbar and choose "Refresh All". Your downloaded skin should now appear in the "Configs" list.
Loading a skin

Loading a skin
To load a skin, first make sure that Rainmeter is already running. Right-click the icon in the taskbar to open the context menu and navigate to "Configs". Here, a list of all of the folders in your Skins directory should appear. From there just choose the folder holding the skin you want and load up the appropriate .ini file.

NOTE: You can only load one .ini file from a specific folder at once. If you want two skins to run simultaneously you will need to have each one in its own folder.
Hope this will help you :welcome: