It is currently May 7th, 2024, 6:45 pm

Newspaper skin support?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
dwight28

Newspaper skin support?

Post by dwight28 »

Hello guys. I have 2 problems, hope you people can help me out :) I use the newspaper skin by Tatenokai, linked here: http://tatenokai.deviantart.com/art/Newspaper-Desktop-198008273?

The recycle bin states that when I left click the recycle bin should open and when I right click the recycle bin should be emptied. However none of those work. Here's the code for the recycle bin:

Code: Select all

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; ENIGMA RECYCLER
; Class: Normal

[Rainmeter]
Author=Kaelri.LCD@gmail.com
AppVersion=1001000
Update=10000
MiddleMouseDownAction=!RainmeterActivateConfig #CURRENTCONFIG# Recycler-Mini.ini

[Metadata]
Name=Enigma Recycler
Config=Enigma | Taskbar | Recycler
Description=This skin shows the state and size of your Recycle Bin.
Instructions=Left-click the icon to open your Recycle Bin. | Right-click the icon to empty it.
Version=2.7
Tags=Taskbar | System
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Preview=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Preview.png

[Variables]
Color1=0,0,0
Color2=0,0,0
Color3=0,0,0
ColorActive=70,70,70,170
ColorBorder=192, 192, 192, 128
ColorIcon=0,0,0
ColorUpload=128, 192, 255, 160
ColorDownload=#Color2#
Height1=6
Height2=8
Height3=12
Height4=13
Font=Trebuchet MS
SubstituteFeed="&apos;":"'",""":"","&Quot;":"","&":"&","<br>":"","![CDATA[":"","]]":"","...":"","<":"",">":"","/PRE>":"","PRE>":"","<":"","'":"'","&#228;":"ä","&#246;":"ö","&#8211;":"–","'":"'"
SubstituteLink="&":"&","<![CDATA[":"","]]>":""[Background]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=StyleBackground
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; MEASURES

[MeasureBin]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=RecycleManager.dll
RecycleType=SIZE
Drives=ALL

; STYLES

@include2=#SKINSPATH#Newspaper\Launchers\Variables\StyleTaskbar.inc

; METERS

[Backround]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=StyleBackground

[Recycler]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleText
MeasureName=MeasureBin
AutoScale=1
NumOfDecimals=0

[Label]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleLabel
Text="BIN"
Fix to this? Now my 2nd problem is the cigarette. It burns time to time, a very long period. It magically burns then goes back to normal. I don't like it. I like it when it's just burning. Here's the code for the cigarette:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=Tatenokai (http://tatenokai.deviantart.com/) and JpsCrazy (http://jpscrazy.deviantart.com/)

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%H
Substitute="01":"0","02":"0","03":"1","04":"2","05":"3","06":"4","07":"0","08":"1","09":"2","10":"3","11":"4","12":"0","13":"1","14":"2","15":"3","16":"4","17":"0","18":"1","19":"2","20":"3","21":"4","22":"0","23":"2","24":"4"

[MeterCigarette]
Meter=Image
ImageName=[MeasureTime].png
DynamicVariables=1
X=125
Y=25
so how can i make it so that it stays burning?

Can someone rewrite both codes for me instead of just partially telling? I donn't know anything about the codes so yea... Sorry i know this may be a lot of work. But thanks~
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Newspaper skin support?

Post by jsmorley »

dwight28 wrote:Can someone rewrite both codes for me instead of just partially telling? I donn't know anything about the codes so yea... Sorry i know this may be a lot of work. But thanks~
Sorry, but we don't just "do it for you" here. That is not the point of these forums. If you are not interested in learning how to change things in Rainmeter, then your best bet is to post a comment on the original skin on devART and suggest changes to the original author.

http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8195
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

In the folder of this skin there have to be some images called 0.png, 1.png and so on. One of these seems to represent the burning cigarette. You should try to replace [MeasureTime] in MeterCigarette with one of those image names.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

dwight28 wrote:The recycle bin states that when I left click the recycle bin should open and when I right click the recycle bin should be emptied. However none of those work.
You can see MiddleMouseDownAction there but there's no mention of LeftMouse... or RightMouse... at which point the path to the solution should become obvious.

I Googled "rainmeter empty recycle bin" and found plenty of solutions:
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8822

When in doubt, don't doubt the manual.
Manual - Mouse Actions
Manual - RecycleManager
charlir1

Post by charlir1 »

has anyone had an issue with there weather .. half the time it doesnt work .. anyone have any ideas
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

charlir1 wrote:has anyone had an issue with there weather .. half the time it doesnt work .. anyone have any ideas
Yeah, he has it set up where all the WebParser measure are set to get "10 days" of weather from the site. That seems to be at least partially broken on Weather.com. Change &dayf=10 to &dayf=3 on all the measures and it should be fine.
charlir1

Post by charlir1 »

Thanks It worked
tallboy74

Post by tallboy74 »

so I tried the "&dayf=10 to &dayf=3" thing and it still doesn't work. Also, I'm not sure how to input my location into the script. help please! sorry, I am pretty new to rainmeter.