It is currently May 6th, 2024, 3:16 pm

panel with a smooth opening

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
amorphyc

panel with a smooth opening

Post by amorphyc »

Hello, friends! I really need help! I was searching a lot, but did not find an answer: how to make a panel with a smooth opening? clicked on - slowly leaves the panel with an icon, clicked again - the panel is hidden back smoothly. something like that, I hope the idea conveyed is clear. everywhere met only two positions: open / closed. I hope someone knows the answer? ((Sorry for the construction of sentences, my tongue is Russian.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: panel with a smooth opening

Post by MerlinTheRed »

If you want a panel to slide in from the side of the screen, take a look at this little template:

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9786

I think fading in (e.g. changing from transparent to fully opaque) on mouseover can be accomplished by a similar effect.

If you have a whole skin you want to fade in and out on mouseover, right-click the skin->Settings->Transparency->Fade in/Fade out.

If you don't want to fade just an image but you don't want to fade a whole skin either, you'd probably have to take a look on some of the skins that have some kind of "animated" effect. The basic technique is to start a counter every time you want something to display a fading animation. Then you set the Update to a very high rate (e.g. Update=1) until your animation is done. Now you can alter the Alpha value of your meters based on the value of the counter. If this seems a little complicated at first, try searching the forums for "animation" and "counters". I remember somebody posting a little tutorial on this.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
amorphyc

Post by amorphyc »

That all it was more clear - I will show visually as it should look.)) I think all will understand!)) Color, gradient and transparency it isn't important! Movement is important!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amorphyc

Post by amorphyc »

MerlinTheRed wrote:If you want a panel to slide in from the side of the screen, take a look at this little template:

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9786

I think fading in (e.g. changing from transparent to fully opaque) on mouseover can be accomplished by a similar effect.

If you have a whole skin you want to fade in and out on mouseover, right-click the skin->Settings->Transparency->Fade in/Fade out.

If you don't want to fade just an image but you don't want to fade a whole skin either, you'd probably have to take a look on some of the skins that have some kind of "animated" effect. The basic technique is to start a counter every time you want something to display a fading animation. Then you set the Update to a very high rate (e.g. Update=1) until your animation is done. Now you can alter the Alpha value of your meters based on the value of the counter. If this seems a little complicated at first, try searching the forums for "animation" and "counters". I remember somebody posting a little tutorial on this.
)) Thanks! Your reference is very interesting!)) I will try something in this direction!))