It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:33 pm

Documentation Update

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Seahorse

Documentation Update

Post by Seahorse »

Is there any reason why the MSI Afterburner plugin is not mentions in the relevant section and/or its plugin not included in the main distribution files?
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

jsmorley
Developer

Re: Documentation Update

Post by jsmorley »

Rainmeter doesn't own it. It is a 3rd party plugin for Rainmeter, and not one we include or support. The author has never contacted us to get the source code made GNU open source license, uploaded to our repository and made part of Rainmeter. We don't include every plugin someone writes with Rainmeter proper, many times an author wants to distribute it themselves and take full credit, which is fine. I'm not sure it isn't a bit "specific" to a particular hardware/software combination in any case to be a plugin we would include in the build, although there are no firm rules about that.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

No worries, perhaps a post linking to these kind of resources might be useful?
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

We do link to the galleries on deviantArt and Customize.org from the main site. I believe the former is where the MSI Afterburner plugin was posted. I'm not sure what more we can realistically do, though. We certainly can't keep a syndicated list of every third-party addon or plugin that gets posted to those sites, much less track down every independently-hosted project.

If a plugin author wants to come to us for inclusion and support, we'll be more than happy to accommodate them. But we don't have the resources to go seeking them out.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

I was thinking more along the lines of a sticky post with a simple bullet list & links rather than anyone having to actually chase stuff up... ;-)
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I don't think you understand. There are dozens of third-party plugins out there, and countless more addons. The list and links would require a lot of chasing all by themselves. Try it sometime and you'll see what I mean. ;)