It is currently May 4th, 2024, 10:10 pm

Icons

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CrispyNewb

Icons

Post by CrispyNewb »

Hey, I have only used rainmeter for a couple of days. I know something about editing and adding skins.
So i would like to know how to change my desktop icons? I have found some icons that I like, and downloaded them from customize.org. But how do i change them?
AlC

Re: Icons

Post by AlC »

You can't change your (System !) icons with rainmeter. When you want changing your (System)icons you must use i.E. Iconpackager or edit your shell.dll.

You can make skins (with rainmeter) which show your (downloadeed) icons and execute i.e. open a folder or application.
Rainmeter - You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
CrispyNewb

Post by CrispyNewb »

I just want to make my icons look like this or something alike. I have downloaded the files, but i dont know where to put all the .png files i extract from the .rar file... :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

You can create a skin that displays icons and executes some command when you click on them. They won't behave like windows desktop icons but you can do a lot more with them. If you don't know how to make a simple Rainmeter skin, I recommend you do the tutorials: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Rainmeter101

They should get you started with the basic knowledge you need for creating what you want. Once you did the tutorials, you can create a simple skin with icons by placing a number of image meters beneath each other and adding a LeftMouseUpAction to each of them. The icons should reside in a folder near the skin's .ini file. For a skin like this I would just put them in the same folder.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
CrispyNewb

Post by CrispyNewb »

Nice thanks for the help I appreciate it. :) I have begun creating my own skins now. ;-)