It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:47 am

Nebula (Dock)

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
Dice2121

Nebula (Dock)

Post by Dice2121 »

Nebula is a completely customizable dock for Rainmeter. It features a Setup skin that makes posistioning, editing, and overall customizing the dock easier. It also has support for up to 16 icons/shortcuts and has the ability to hide when not needed.

Updated 9/29/11
This will probably be the last major update before I post it on dA. I will update any bugs that arise, but content wise this is it for a while.

What's New
• Completely overhauled setup skins
• Added support for RainFile
• Added support for RainRBG
• Added the option to posistion the dock on the bottom of the screen
• Added an indicator to tell what icon you are working on
• Added support for toggleable AeroBlur effects
• Slightly reworked Auto Hide features

Install
The .rmskin will do most of the work and launch the Setup skin for you. It also uses Rainmeter 2.1. The only rule would be to follow this specific order when customizing the dock:

1. Change the Icon Size and Spacing and how many you want.
2. Choose the where you want the dock.
3. Edit the Appearance of the dock.

Testing
Let me know what you think, what should get added, what needs to be done differently, or even if it works at all. I'm posting it here before I make it available elsewhere to receive feedback, so don't be afraid to criticize.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dice2121 on September 29th, 2011, 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chuck

Re: Nebula (Dock)

Post by Chuck »

Well I'm screwed xD My theme was titled Nebula. Neat dock, this being said.
Cool looking and easy to use. Very useful.
Dice2121

Post by Dice2121 »

Chuck wrote:Well I'm screwed xD My theme was titled Nebula. Neat dock, this being said.
Cool looking and easy to use. Very useful.
Thanks, I may get back to it eventually but with school occupying most of my time it may be difficult. Although I have made some progress with it, it's nothing too substantial to update.

Also, do you have any suggestions to make it better? Did you find it enjoyable to use? Anything will help.

And about the name, did you already post something with the name "Nebula"? I can by all means change it. In fact, I'm not 100% sure I like the name "Nebula" for it yet. I'm not that good at trying to find names for my stuff.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Didn't post it, but I guess it has been "Space Nebula" for a while, so I guess the Space saves my ass.

At first with was just a theme from various skins but lately I've started really working with molding and creating skins. If anything, you can get an idea of the feel with this old (and I do mean old) version. The generic visual stayed the same. deviantArt away!
Ah. Nevermind that 'being the same' thing, I forgot it had changed quite since then. I guess the style is the same, but here's what my "Space Nebula" started as. It's changed bits and until I've completed my dropdown menu thing, I'm not going to post it anywhere.

Oh and if anything, you shouldn't worry about finding names for yourself. Nebula is a smart choice, it's catchy, stylish, elegant and inspiring. By inspiring I mean, it can be interpreted in many ways by the ones coming across it. It can mean something quiet, grandiose, simple. But one could also see it as chaotic, filled with movement, bright.

But oh my, I got carried away there. :heh:
Dice2121

Post by Dice2121 »

Chuck wrote:Didn't post it, but I guess it has been "Space Nebula" for a while, so I guess the Space saves my ass.

At first with was just a theme from various skins but lately I've started really working with molding and creating skins. If anything, you can get an idea of the feel with this old (and I do mean old) version. The generic visual stayed the same. deviantArt away!
Ah. Nevermind that 'being the same' thing, I forgot it had changed quite since then. I guess the style is the same, but here's what my "Space Nebula" started as. It's changed bits and until I've completed my dropdown menu thing, I'm not going to post it anywhere.

Oh and if anything, you shouldn't worry about finding names for yourself. Nebula is a smart choice, it's catchy, stylish, elegant and inspiring. By inspiring I mean, it can be interpreted in many ways by the ones coming across it. It can mean something quiet, grandiose, simple. But one could also see it as chaotic, filled with movement, bright.

But oh my, I got carried away there. :heh:
I get it now. For some reason "theme" wasn't quite making sense in my mind yesterday. It looks very nice though, I'll be interested to see what you come up with in the future. Feel free to post it when your ready.

And the whole reason why I choose that name is because I've personally never seen anything like it before. Granted, I didn't do too much research beforehand to see if anyone has done so, but to my knowledge no one has. Then, I began to think of a name that represented something never seen before. That's how "Nebula" came to mind. And along with your excellent descriptions of "Nebula", I suppose I'll keep it. I agree, it can be interpreted many different ways, which in one respect, is how I want the dock to work. Make it your own.

Heh, maybe that should be the motto for "Nebula". Make it your own.

But anyways, thanks for replying. I do appreciate the feedback. I'll see if I can make any significant progress over the weekend and provide an updated version.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

As a matter of fact I'll probably try and share it once the menu is finished.
I'll have a long line of credits to do though, as I started more by Editing than Creating. At least the menu'll be fully mine.

And sure, I'll check here for future updates. :3
Dice2121

Post by Dice2121 »

Updated original post. You'll find the newest version of Nebula along with some new info about it.

Overall, the process of adding icons and shortcuts should be much easier due to the addition of RainFile. Thanks to Kaelri for making it. It's awesome.

I also added the ability to change the background color of the dock. Thanks goes to jsmorley's RainRBG. Pretty neat feature to have. The more customization, the better.

Other assorted updates have been included as well. Such as an overhaul of the Setup skins, the option to place the dock on the bottom of the screen without overlapping the Windows Taskbar, toggleable AeroBlur, better Auto Hide features, and finally an indicator to inform the user what icon they are editing when changing the icon images and shortcuts.

This will most likely be the build that I post on deviantART, so don't expect too many major updates for a while. Other features like docklets will be implemented in time, but not in the very near future.

Thanks for the help. I will let it sit here for about a week and if no bugs are reported, I will post it to dA.