It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 9:42 am

Any way to set the default AlwaysOnTop value for a skin?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
InsanityOnABun

Any way to set the default AlwaysOnTop value for a skin?

Post by InsanityOnABun »

I'd like to be able to set, in a skin's .ini, what its AlwaysOnTop value is. Is there any way to do that, or do you have to set it through the context menu / rainmeter.ini file?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Any way to set the default AlwaysOnTop value for a skin?

Post by jsmorley »

InsanityOnABun wrote:I'd like to be able to set, in a skin's .ini, what its AlwaysOnTop value is. Is there any way to do that, or do you have to set it through the context menu / rainmeter.ini file?
Put this in the [Rainmeter] section of your skin.

OnRefreshAction=!ZPos -2 "#CURRENTCONFIG#"
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

If you distribute skins, please use do not use this (it's annoying to have to edit the skin, remove a line, refresh, and change Z-position just to change the Z-position :)). Use a theme file with AlwaysOnTop set to whatever you want instead.
InsanityOnABun

Post by InsanityOnABun »

poiru wrote:If you distribute skins, please use do not use this (it's annoying to have to edit the skin, remove a line, refresh, and change Z-position just to change the Z-position :)). Use a theme file with AlwaysOnTop set to whatever you want instead.
That's understandable. What exactly is a theme file, and how would one go about making a theme file to do this? Could this theme file apply to multiple skins?

Nevermind, I figured it out, I think. Thanks for the help you two!