It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:54 am

Windows Live, Hotmail, and MSN Mail access Dev Information

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
sgtevmckay

Windows Live, Hotmail, and MSN Mail access Dev Information

Post by sgtevmckay »

I have been in contact with several members of the folks at MSDN and have done some extensive research into this issue, as there have been numerous requests.

Unfortunately the folks at MSDN have said that an API is being considered, or is in the works, and they have been saying this since sometime back in 2007, and we have seen nothing come to fruition on this.

There is a solution though.
I spent several hours in chat with a couple of personal contacts at MSDN and they have revealed that there is a way for us to accomplish what we seek from Windows Live Development.
Although so they do not get themselves in any issues company side, all they can do is point us in the right direction.

MSN with the advent of the full implementation of Windows Live, left a lot of people hanging, but the information is still there, but their new security system must be either a built in function to our needds or a "Web Get" situation must be accounted for.

Either way, full details, and everything we require can be found here:
http://dev.live.com/

as an alternative the following, although unreliable, has been suggested.
The use of this site is questionable, but the Source code is GPL, and open source, so it may be worth a look.
http://www.palmeteo.com/hotmailrss/

The tools we need are now at our finger tips, and if we want it we will have to build it.

I want to thank the folks at MSDN that came forward with this information (you know who you are) :D
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Windows Live, Hotmail, and MSN Mail access Dev Information

Post by jsmorley »

There are still people who don't use GMail? ;-)
sgtevmckay

Re: Windows Live, Hotmail, and MSN Mail access Dev Information

Post by sgtevmckay »

jsmorley wrote:There are still people who don't use GMail? ;-)
It is a multi-religious thing. Most people spend a minimum 5 minutes in front of each alter a day ;)