It is currently May 5th, 2024, 6:59 am

Tray Icon, TrayAction, and the new Manage Dialogue

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
FlyingHyrax

Tray Icon, TrayAction, and the new Manage Dialogue

Post by FlyingHyrax »

First, let me just say that the new "Manage" component is awesome. :thumbup:
However, I've hit a little problem. In Rainmeter.ini, you can set actions for the Tray Icon using TrayExecuteL, TrayExecuteM, etc. But setting a TrayActionDL does not disable launching the Manage dialogue when left-clicking the icon.

For example, I have my setup as follows:

Code: Select all

SkinPath=C:\Users\...\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
ConfigEditor=C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
DisableVersionCheck=0
Logging=0
TrayExecuteDL=!ToggleFadeGroup pt
...so that double clicking the tray icon would show and hide my Rainmeter sidebar. With the new manage dialogue, double clicking still executes the TrayAction, but also launches Manage.

I definitely see the point of having the icon set up the way it is - left click launches Manage, right click launches the tray menu - it's concise and intuitive, I think. But can setting a TrayAction for the left mouse button in Rainmeter.ini disable the default action, like setting an action for the right mouse button disables the tray menu now?
Flying Hyrax on DeviantArt
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Tray Icon, TrayAction, and the new Manage Dialogue

Post by jsmorley »

It's really kind of a Windows thing and not a Rainmeter thing. Having a LeftClick and DoubleLeftClick on the same element will always do both on a double click. I just changed what I had associated with LeftClick before to use MiddleClick.
FlyingHyrax

Re: Tray Icon, TrayAction, and the new Manage Dialogue

Post by FlyingHyrax »

Ah, okay. Thanks Jsm. :)

I also played around with things some more and see that using TrayExecuteL (instead of TrayExecuteDL) does disable the Manage dialogue launching, as one would expect from how TrayExecuteR overrides the context menu.

Thanks and congrats to the team on this awesome new feature - 2.1 is shaping up to be quite the update!
Flying Hyrax on DeviantArt