It is currently May 5th, 2024, 12:47 am

Rainmeter does not start with windows

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
reu91

Rainmeter does not start with windows

Post by reu91 »

I installed the latest beta version (28Aug2011) and I noticed it did not start with windows. I reinstalled it to make sure I had that option checked, made sure a shortcut to Rainmeter.exe was placed in my start menu startup folder and I gave the program administrator privileges. I did not have this problem with earlier versions. Running Windows 7 64-bit.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter does not start with windows

Post by jsmorley »

reu91 wrote:I installed the latest beta version (28Aug2011) and I noticed it did not start with windows. I reinstalled it to make sure I had that option checked, made sure a shortcut to Rainmeter.exe was placed in my start menu startup folder and I gave the program administrator privileges. I did not have this problem with earlier versions. Running Windows 7 64-bit.
I'm betting there is some hidden Rainmeter.exe process stuck in memory. Use TaskManager, and under "Processes" kill any Rainmeter.exe items. Then reboot. Still a problem?
reu91

Post by reu91 »

Sadly yes. There was only one rainmeter process running, I killed it and rebooted. All my other on-startup programs seem to work fine.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

reu91 wrote:Sadly yes. There was only one rainmeter process running, I killed it and rebooted. All my other on-startup programs seem to work fine.
So after you reboot and run Rainmeter manually it runs fine?
reu91

Post by reu91 »

Yes, it runs completely fine but I have to manually open it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

reu91 wrote:Yes, it runs completely fine but I have to manually open it.
This doesn't make sense at all. Almost impossible. Delete the shortcut to Rainmeter in the Startup folder and put a new one there. I hate to say this, but I don't for sure know how familiar you are with Windows, so please be sure you copy Rainmeter.exe from its real home and paste a "shortcut" to it in Startup. If you copy and paste the actual .exe file there, it won't work at all.
reu91

Post by reu91 »

Here I posted a screenie if it helps. This is vexing me too.

smurfier

Post by smurfier »

If that doesn't work you can try the Registry method. Look here for instructions.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
reu91

Post by reu91 »

smurfier wrote:If that doesn't work you can try the Registry method. Look here for instructions.
I could do that but it's like covering a thorn with a bandage instead of pulling it out. I will do that as a last resort but I really want to know what the root of the problem is.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Do the other apps in that "Startup" folder start with Windows ok?