It is currently September 19th, 2024, 8:05 pm

Win7 Tablet Interface

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
david.delano

Win7 Tablet Interface

Post by david.delano »

I'm new, just bought an ASUS Slate tablet, and I'm looking for a better user interface to make the tablet part work. Rainmeter came up as a possible solution, so I'm looking, and asking, for an existing skin to use on the tablet. Any help?

David
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Win7 Tablet Interface

Post by Kaelri »

A skin to do what, exactly? In what way(s) are you trying to improve the interface of your tablet?
david.delano

Post by david.delano »

Fat finger friendly interface. I'm really not sure. That's why I'm asking if someone has already encountered this problem and has an interface that is more touch friendly than the default Win7 screen. I'm not sure what all Rainmeter can do, but if it can even effect the way apps look, that would be nice. Icons, scroll bars, select boxes, etc, need to be wider, for example.

I've done some searching and found some people are using Rainmeter for the interface on their tablet, but there isn't enough info to even get me started in the right direction.

David
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Unfortunately, I don't think Rainmeter is the solution you're looking for. Rainmeter is simply a platform for functional desktop widgets, along the lines of Google Desktop or the Windows Sidebar gadgets. It's not a shell replacement (meaning it doesn't affect the appearance of applications or the Windows taskbar).

You might want to look at shell replacement software like LiteStep or SharpEnviro instead.
david.delano

Post by david.delano »

Ok, think I understand that. Can the "widgets" launch other apps?
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Certainly. That's one of its most popular uses, and if you search around a bit, you'll probably find dozens if not hundreds of app launcher skins.