It is currently May 1st, 2024, 11:34 pm

Can't run any !bangs

General topics related to Rainmeter.
mong911

Can't run any !bangs

Post by mong911 »

After reading through the manual page, I saw some !bangs which would help in the making of some more space efficient skins, such as the
LeftMouseUpAction=!HideGroup CPU
!bang, this didn't work, and came up with the error 'Unknown !bang:!HideGroup'

So I thought I'd try a few others, and they all came up with errors. I proceeded to download another skin off the internet, and immediately after running it, I got the same error(changed to the !bang that was used, of course)

Now I'm wondering if there is some sort of bug, or I just need to reinstall Rainmeter, but any help would be appreciated.
poiru
Developer

Re: Can't run any !bangs

Post by poiru »

You seem to be reading the beta manual. Rainmeter 2.1 beta introduced the ability to use !BangName instead of !RainmeterBangName.

You can either use the !RainmeterBangName format (e.g. !RainmeterHideGroup) or upgrade to Rainmeter 2.1 beta.
mong911

Post by mong911 »

Thanks for the quick reply, but that's not it, because when I go on Rainmeter's taskbar button 'About...' it says I'm running 2.1 Beta
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

mong911 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, but that's not it, because when I go on Rainmeter's taskbar button 'About...' it says I'm running 2.1 Beta
You are probably on an older beta which doesn't support the new format. Try upgrading to the latest beta (r903).