It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:33 pm

LuaTorrent3

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
jsmorley
Developer

LuaTorrent3

Post by jsmorley »

* Updated for uTorrent 3.1.2 or better.
* Fixed an issue with the size of the background when you have more than five torrents going.

I wanted a uTorrent skin that would properly adjust the display based on adding / removing torrents, shutting down uTorrent.exe, etc. and the Lua scripting capability of Rainmeter was just what the doctor ordered...

First, you must have the latest 2.2 beta of Rainmeter from [link]

You must have uTorrent 3.1.2 or better installed. This skin does not support earlier versions. A previous version of LuaTorrent that supports uTorrent 2.x is here: [link]

In the skin folder (\Skins\LuaTorrent3.1) you will find some Help(x).jpg images that will help you set up uTorrent and the skin. You must enable WebUI in uTorrent and put the settings you used in the [Variables] section of the skin. You don't need to do anything with the .lua script, it is ready to go.

Make the required changes for User/Password/Port in LuaTorrent3.1.ini and refresh the skin.

The skin displays up to 5 torrents, with a tooltip to display the full name when truncated. The interface will adjust properly depending on how many torrents you have in uTorrent. If none, or if uTorrent.exe is not running, the interface will roll up to just a single bar and be out of your way. In fact, if uTorrent.exe is not running, the Lua script will disable all measures so the skin uses virtually zero resources until needed.
Last edited by jsmorley on March 21st, 2012, 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited to fix minor bug in parsing, and to add new "power on/off" functions for uTorrent
Makikou

Re: LuaTorrent3

Post by Makikou »

Amazing, so ace. Thanks :thumbup:
tru

Post by tru »

Not working for me :(

The original works great but v3 not so much...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Well, I don't know. You need to have a recent uTorrent 3.x (I'm on 3.0 build 25505) and a recent Rainmeter 2.1 beta (at least r903), and since you already have uTorrent set up to work with my earlier version, that should be fine. What do you get in the measures in "About" in Rainmeter?
tru

Post by tru »

jsmorley wrote:Well, I don't know. You need to have a recent uTorrent 3.x (I'm on 3.0 build 25505) and a recent Rainmeter 2.1 beta (at least r903), and since you already have uTorrent set up to work with my earlier version, that should be fine. What do you get in the measures in "About" in Rainmeter?

Getting this error in the log file...

ERROR: (00:00:08.003) Script: LuaTorrent3.lua:63: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

tru wrote:
Getting this error in the log file...

ERROR: (00:00:08.003) Script: LuaTorrent3.lua:63: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil)
Can you connect in your browser using the url from the skin? Be sure to replace variables for id, password and port with the actual ones from uTorrent.

http://YourName:YourPassword@127.0.0.1:YourPort/gui/?list=1
tru

Post by tru »

jsmorley wrote: Can you connect in your browser using the url from the skin? Be sure to replace variables for id, password and port with the actual ones from uTorrent.

http://YourName:YourPassword@127.0.0.1:YourPort/gui/?list=1

Yeah connecting fine through the browser...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Take a screenshot like this of the Rainmeter "About" for the skin:
8-20-2011 9-50-23 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tru

Post by tru »

Here 'tis...
2011-08-20_215523.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I'm guessing that blizzard of [stuff] in Label: is getting it. Do you by chance have a link to that torrent so I can investigate?