It is currently September 19th, 2024, 8:09 pm

Hi Everyone!!

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
noisyass2

Hi Everyone!!

Post by noisyass2 »

Hi!! noisyass here :) :welcome:

Just started using Rainmeter (for a week now) and i LOOOOOVVVVEEE it!!!

Cant help myself from working on an Editor for it :twisted: (id like to post it here on the forums, just dont know which section yet). And its been keeping me up at night. :yawn:

Anyways, im just a humble VB Programmer who is in love with RainMeter and i find it incumbent that it should have an editor. :sly:

Peace :D
Seahorse

Re: Hi Everyone!!

Post by Seahorse »

Hi, have fun with that... :twisted:
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

noisyass2

Post by noisyass2 »

I sure will :D Thanks

Any idea where i can post it?? i mean which section in this forums??
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Feel free to add a post with a link to it in "Plugins & Addons".

Be aware that we are skeptical about home-brew skin editors for Rainmeter, and most of us use Notepad++ with the RainLexer plugin for it. I don't want to pre-judge, but if we find that this new tool is not safe, effective and useful, we are likely to remove it or recommend against it so we don't confuse our users about what they should be using. We also have no interest in providing support (help) on our forums for a tool that we don't think provides enough value to warrant it. Just have a reasonably thick skin, as there is likely to be a fair amount of friendly but honest critique.

:-)

So with that out of the way up front, go for it! Interested indeed to see what you have come up with!
noisyass2

Post by noisyass2 »

Thanks :D i just want to share what ive been doing these couple of days. Im pretty open-minded, especially to critics :D

I know N++ is awesome(its what i use too). But what im doing comes with a GUI, an "Attributes" panel, AND it uses N++ for its code editor :twisted: But yeah, its made for beginners, and i know a lot of those advanced Rainers would think that its not that good, but please dont say its useless :/ Please, im just a humble VB programmer :oops:

Anyways, i'l post it up as soon as i can..
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to it.