It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 5:17 pm

Working Taskbar Skins?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
SpartanG01

Working Taskbar Skins?

Post by SpartanG01 »

Are there any configs that emulate the actual task bar? By that I mean show a list of open/minimized window and or display activity like from instant messengers? I want to get rid of the 7 default bar but I need to be able to see when people message me
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Working Taskbar Skins?

Post by jsmorley »

SpartanG01 wrote:Are there any configs that emulate the actual task bar? By that I mean show a list of open/minimized window and or display activity like from instant messengers? I want to get rid of the 7 default bar but I need to be able to see when people message me
Sorry no, Rainmeter is really not a shell replacement. There are some skins that "approximate" some of the functions of the taskbar, mostly having icons for the static stuff in the notification area like the clock and sound tools, and a start menu launcher, but there really is no way to even get in the same universe of functionality that the Windows 7 taskbar has.

Nor can it be used to replicate the functionality of Windows Explorer, nor a proper functioning Start menu, It's not LiteStep, nor is it WindowBlinds. Isn't meant to be.
BishyT

Re: Working Taskbar Skins?

Post by BishyT »

I use ObjectDock to replace my taskbar, and then I use Rainmeter to create a taskbar-esque background for Objectdock, as well as a start button replacement and SystemTray replacement (using Tools!).