It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 11:26 pm

Anyone know why "Helvetica" font looks bad on my comp?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
taxstin

Anyone know why "Helvetica" font looks bad on my comp?

Post by taxstin »

The font being used in the rainmeter menu bar at the top:

http://www.deviantart.com/download/241254742/decapitation_by_bow_n_aero-d3zmxcm.png

Is Helvetica (according to the author). But when I use Helvetica on any of my skins it doesn't look as smooth. Ex:

I tried bolding the font but it still doesn't look like the first one. Anyone have some ideas as to what extra things the author of the first one is using to achieve that look?
smurfier

Re: Anyone know why "Helvetica" font looks bad on my comp?

Post by smurfier »

Add AntiAlias=1 to all of your string meters.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Helvetica has a huge number of variants, so he might be using one of those. You could also try setting Antialias=1 on your meters, if you haven't already.

The source of that screenshot (here, which I assume is where you found the image) says that he'll be releasing the skins in the near future, so when that happens, you can see whatever it is he did.

Edit: ninja'd.
taxstin

Post by taxstin »

I have anti-alias at 1 already, it looks 10x worse with it at 0.

I use a different bar that I modified myself, I just liked the way his font looked so i was hoping to replicate it myself but I guess if it's not possible I'll wait until his release and take a look at the code.

But as you said, Helvetica has different variations, so is this maybe just an issue of finding the same font if I don't have it?