It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 11:47 pm

I need help on winamp skin, i hope you guys can help me.

General topics related to Rainmeter.
rld2140

I need help on winamp skin, i hope you guys can help me.

Post by rld2140 »

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here, this is my first time to use rainmeter and i found it really awesome.
i am using the rainmeter winamp skin, i see you have to launch the winamp.exe first to enable the skin to function.
i can see also the rainmeter winamp skin is like a secondary interface winamp.exe on the desktop.

here's what i would want it to be if it's possible.
I have a playlist created, I would want the rainmeter winamp skin to function by itself without launching first the winamp.exe. I wanted it to go directly to the playlist which i have created and play it on the desktop when i click the play botton on the rainmeter winamp skin. I really don't know if this idea is possible, but if it is, I would really be interested how to make that happen.

I hope to hear from you guys...

More power to all of you and to your Genius work. :-)
Kaelri
Developer

Re: I need help on winamp skin, i hope you guys can help me.

Post by Kaelri »

This really isn't possible, I'm afraid. Rainmeter's skins only work by sending commands to and from full-powered applications - Winamp, iTunes, etc. None of the tools and resources of a media player are included in Rainmeter itself. It would take an enormous amount of work to make Rainmeter usable as a standalone player, and frankly that's just not what Rainmeter is about.
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

An alternative may be to use the command line interface.you could add a launch button to your winamp skin that will launch the playlist of your choice.This will however launch winamp also but it's still a shortcut to the playlist.This article maybe of use to you http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=180297

so you would have something like

LeftmouseUpAction=!Execute [C:\PathToWinamp\winamp.exe /NEW "C:\MyPlaylist.pls"]

I dont have or use winamp so i'm not in a position to test this for you.The necessity for double quotes might present a problem but i'm sure there's a way around it.
rld2140

Post by rld2140 »

Thank you guys for your reply to my post it is very much appreciated. :-)

Another thing, this music player rainmeter skin which i am using right now only launches winamp.
Can i use this same skin to launch windows media player or itunes?

If this is possible, can you guide me with the codes?

Thank you so much for answering my posts....
More power to you guys...
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

If the skin you are using is based on the NowPlaying plugin the answer is yes, simply right click the skin and select "Edit skin". You then simply change the player name to match your chose media player....

Code: Select all

; Set to AIMP, foobar2000, iTunes, MediaMonkey, MusicBee, Spotify, Winamp, WMP etc
PlayerName=Winamp
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt