It is currently May 5th, 2024, 5:13 am

[Bug] livestream.com not showing Rainmeter!

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Snowdeath

[Bug] livestream.com not showing Rainmeter!

Post by Snowdeath »

I use a livestream account for my own forum I'm a staff at, to let people watch me play games and browse and all that, basically 24/7 when possible.

To the point of this thread, people noticed and reported that my Rainmeter did not show on the screen. I even restarted the whole computer, and booted up the livestream. It again did not show. It's funny, because I can literally see the Rainmeter on my desktop, but others cannot because they can't see it on the livestream.

I'm sure it's probably a bug, but anyone have an idea why or a solution, even?

Thanks.
Snowdeath, of the RGR* Staff is at your service.
* Retro Games Room on Vizzed.

Want to visit the forum I mentioned? Here. Vizzed
Kaelri
Developer

Re: [Bug] livestream.com not showing Rainmeter!

Post by Kaelri »

It probably has something to do with Rainmeter's "window" behavior, which is, obviously, a little unorthodox. I'd be curious to see whether setting your skins to different positions (Topmost, Normal, On Desktop) makes any difference.
Snowdeath

Post by Snowdeath »

Kaelri wrote:It probably has something to do with Rainmeter's "window" behavior, which is, obviously, a little unorthodox. I'd be curious to see whether setting your skins to different positions (Topmost, Normal, On Desktop) makes any difference.
I quickly checked and tested the positions on each settings, and sadly, had no effect.

The odd thing is the fact my friend, who also is on livestream, has Rainmeter up too, has no problems with the Rainmeter not showing on his desktop.

Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Do you both use the same screencasting software? (Forgive my ignorance, I'm not very familiar with livestream.) And are there any other differences between your systems with regard to your Windows versions, video cards or other configurations? Is one of you using an external monitor, for example?
Snowdeath

Post by Snowdeath »

Kaelri wrote:Do you both use the same screencasting software? (Forgive my ignorance, I'm not very familiar with livestream.) And are there any other differences between your systems with regard to your Windows versions, video cards or other configurations? Is one of you using an external monitor, for example?
Yes, we both use Procaster, which is the custom for livestream.

There's a difference between us, and I use Windows XP, and he's using Windows 7.

CustomKal

Post by CustomKal »

Mostly likely due to that because he is on windows 7 he has aero enabled and thus can be viewed by his livestream.

Not sure why this is the case but I know it is for me, because if I disable aero it no longer is viewable on my stream with twitch.tv